ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My cadwell park pictures

williamsclio.co.uk/forum
Pictures courtesy of renaultsport.

cadwell1.jpg

cadwell10.jpg

cadwell2.jpg

cadwell3.jpg

cadwell4.jpg

cadwell5.jpg

cadwell6.jpg

cadwell7.jpg

cadwell8.jpg

cadwell9.jpg

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182
Rear end needs to be lower :)

Nice pics dude, long time no speak as I dont use any mk1 forums anymore :( I was dan_16v on them.

williamsclio.co.uk/forum
hey up dan_16v - eye long time no speak, still kicking around on these forums ;)

was hard to compair as the 200 was behind me with Jeremy Townsend driving - once he was in front the gap he initally pulled stayed the same bar one corner where i could close - I recon if it had been in the afternoon once i had got upto pace with the circuit and i have been on my own like him it would of been close. jeremy took me out in mine and the 200 and i learnt alot from him. Really IMPROVED MY DRIVING in the afternoon!

Thanks once again Jeremy. Hope you enjoyed your drive in my old timer.

If im honest - bar one orange megane 225 and a silver t/b'ed 172 no other cars pulled away from me on the straights. Not bad for a 1.8!

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182
That silver tb'd 172 is so fast, saw it at Snet the other week but forgot to have a word with the driver to get the spec.

Nice to see someone looking after their cup car and not ripping things out and adding things to it.

This is by far the best cup car because its original. Ive never understood people who would want to take on of these and add a 2 litre engine to it. If your going to do that might as well buy a williams and just bolt in a cage.

As everyone else ruins their cups, this one will become worth a lot more. Id say its gone up a fair bit in value since you bought it. I have one of the orgininal cup cars that was used in rallying and pretty much all the bits bar the rear axel have been damaged and replaced including the shell, cage and engine. Bit of a shame, as id like to own a nice original one.

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182
Agreed this car is mint and quality! I didnt realise they used to use the 1.8 lumps though! Interesting, what were the factory mods?

williamsclio.co.uk/forum
NORTHY’S 1993 ELF OILS UK RENAULT CLIO CUP RACE CAR

Shell
1991 Renaultsport Williams shell.
Blanking plates welded into the floor to remove rubber bungs.
Etruscan Red with 1993 specification racing stickers and original sponsors decals

Engine
'Blueprinted' (lightened internals) FP7 1.8 16v approx 150bhp, upgraded 'Cup' ECU (8000rpm), Open induction kit
Regulation Green Cotton air Filter
Full Devil racing straight through exhaust system

Transmission
JB3 Gearbox
Uprated Clutch
Cup Solid Dogbone mount
BB tuning short throw gear lever

Petrol tank
Reserve fuel tank removed
Tank breather relocated

Brakes
Standard all around
Goodridge braided brake lines
Brake cooling ducts and scoops fed from front bumper

Suspension
Front: Williams track with Decarbon Race Shocks, Dampers & Race springs.
4 degrees fixed negative front camber.
Rear: Trailing arms, racing 4-transverse torsion bars, telescopic hydraulic shock absorbers and anti-roll bar

Steering
Clio Cup manual steering and quick rack
Renaultsport power steering idle wheel (removal kit)

Exterior
Lightened Glass
Manual wing mirrors
Headlight blanks with oil catch tank on drivers side
Under body Metal guards to protect fuel lines

Interior
1 x Sparco Bucket Seat (extra seat fitted for trackdays)
Sabelt 4 point quick release Harness
Yellow 8 point Devil roll Cage with MSA certificate
Lifeline Fire extinguisher plumbed into engine bay & c**kpit area.
Emergency exterior engine cut off and extinguisher release fitted into radio aperture

Wheels & Tyres
Lightweight Magnesium CUP Speedline alloys
Michelin S9B racing Slicks
Michelin MXV4 wets
Weight approx 850kg

From reading the french williams site, im pretty sure the gearboxes were not standard JB3 boxes. They had at least uprated forlks. However, im not sure if this is just the french cars.

The front shocks are gas shocks as opposed to the williams front oil shocks. this gives a much better damping ability. They also run a fair bit of negative camber.

The 1.8 was tuned to 150 bhp as opposed to the 135 of the road cars. This was mainly though ecu changes and the blue printing of the engine, which means they can reliably rev higher.

The cage stiffens them up nicely as the shells on the mk1 are rubbish. This then allows them to run slicks and keep better suspension geometry when cornering.

Interestingly the french cars ran side exit exhausts and steel wheels. The uk cars ran a back box and williams alloys.

williamsclio.co.uk/forum
Hi Brad - All 1991 clio cups ran steel wheels and side exits - my car has a cut out where one was once fitted.
1992 spec saw backboxes and speedline 'williams' wheels added. Along with a updated 10 point cage.

Where are you finding this information from Brad?

williamsclio.co.uk/forum
can you direct me to the clio cup section - will run the site through babelfish

mkI 1.8 16v
Very nice pictures and a very nice cup car. ;)

Awesome to see an old-school racer still going strong. :approve:

Do you rev your engine up to 8000rpm?
I suppose having a blueprinted engine helps, but I always thought that the standard valve springs and lifters didn't really like being pushed beyond 7500ish...

can you direct me to the clio cup section - will run the site through babelfish

Ill have a search layter, a lot of the info is in the for sale section, as there were a few cups for sale. I beieve also the guy with the white 16 with group a wheels also has a 'cup' gear box.

H22A7 Accord Type R
i assume the Williams never sees the track anymore then dude?? You've come a long way since the time i seen you in the kitty litter @ Oulton on your first ever track day lol

ValverInBits
nice photos,

Got any pics of your rear beam setup? Notably the rear ARB?? how different is it to standard valver setup?

i want your car :(

the spec of the rear suspension, how does this differ from the standard valver setup? are they stiffer tortion bars or something? if so, is there another car that you can get the uprated items off (such as the 19 or something?)

last question, can you get them headlight covers/replacements from anywhere?

good pics, love the car.