ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

my car won’t start!!

ive been running around in it this morning. Had a long drive yesterday (400miles) i come to it this afternoon and nothing happens all my auxilery stuff comes on radio lights etc. but thats it, all i get is two clicks from under the bonnet. has my alternator gone walkies!!!

any help would appreciated as ive go to get to work tomorrow

Valver

Give the side of the starter motor a swift tap with a small hammer or spanner, might want to disconnect the battery first save anything shorting. If it works after that, theres yer problem. Happend to my other halfs 1.4 RT.

Valver

If that was the problem you might want to keep whatever you tapped it with in your boot. Sometimes they can go on for ages after a tap and others start sticking often and need changing sooner.

Astra VXR 17/05/07

When i was a kid my Dad had a Vauxhall Viva and before taking us to school we had to gather around the car and rock it from side to side because it had a dodgy starter motor,did the trick...

Ahhhh memories lol

172 cup,s2 rs turbo

replace the starter solenoid terminal(thin wire with the female spade terminal on it) first if i was you. commen failure point.