ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My cpu temp is too high i think.....

im running a P4 3.0 HT with a coolermaster aero 7 fan/heatsink with gold thermal paste.

in idle according to the bios the cpu temp is 65 degrees and the mobo is 39, with the fan at its lowest 1770 rpm

with the fan up full pelt at 3600 it goes down to about 58 degrees

does this seem right?

ps. whats a good program to monitor all this kinda stuff rather than go to the bios all the time

thanks

Tony

Does seem pretty hot but some of the P4's are known for getting hot. As long as it doesnt go above 90 it should be ok. Mobo temp doesnt seem too bad. Search for motherboard monitor to monitor temps.

thing is this aero 7 fan is loud as f**k, i think its a bit ott to be honest as i wont be overclocking or anything like that, id be better with something less noisy, can hardly hear the telly lol

20VT Clio & 9-5 HOT
i used to have an athlon with about 8 fans which sounded like a harrier jump jet taking off. and it was still hot as fuk.

currently got the same chip as yours with a standard cpu fan and case fan both at 54% and system is around 38 degrees so it does seem a tad warm mate.

is there bad airflow around the pc? best thing iv done in terms of computers is have a fan thats almost silent. the old system used to torture my mind when i was alseep.

p.s i use an app called speedfan to monitor temps. it ups fan speed automatically if required too.

Adams_16v said:
i used to have an athlon with about 8 fans which sounded like a harrier jump jet taking off. and it was still hot as fuk.

currently got the same chip as yours with a standard cpu fan and case fan both at 54% and system is around 38 degrees so it does seem a tad warm mate.

is there bad airflow around the pc? best thing iv done in terms of computers is have a fan thats almost silent. the old system used to torture my mind when i was alseep.

p.s i use an app called speedfan to monitor temps. it ups fan speed automatically if required too.

the airflow is quite crap where it is right now as its only there temporarily till i move, i think ill ditch the coolermaster and get a standard fan/heatsink, its just too f'n loud

ill give that app a try too

thanks for the info :)

Mégane RS
yeah thats high, mine on average is about 45, try the original heatsink and fan and some arctic cooling thermal paste, is this a LGA775 p4?

Clown Car
Tiger said:
im running a P4 3.0 HT with a coolermaster aero 7 fan/heatsink with gold thermal paste.

in idle according to the bios the cpu temp is 65 degrees and the mobo is 39, with the fan at its lowest 1770 rpm

with the fan up full pelt at 3600 it goes down to about 58 degrees

does this seem right?

ps. whats a good program to monitor all this kinda stuff rather than go to the bios all the time

thanks

Tony

Ditch the Aero 7, i have had them before and did not think they were very good, get an all copper heat pipe tower - http://www.thermaltake.com/product/cooler/combo/cl-p0024/cl-p0024.asp

Then buy 1 or 2 of these - http://www.thermaltake.com/product/DCfan/Combo/a2013/a2013.asp, if you use 2 fans in the push/pull method make sure you have enough space between the cooler tower and the PSU(usually there isn't), i have only 1 fan and have had no problems.

Go onto the website for your motherboard, usually you will find a monitor program in the download utilitys section.

Or download 'Motherboard Monitor' - http://mbm.livewiredev.com/

Or buy a front panel fan speed controller/temp display, so you can alter the fan speed, i turn the speed down in the winter and crank it up in the summer, it just keeps noise to a minimum, and mount the external sensors near the CPU, i glued 1 sensor to the underside of heatsink on the edge.

I like the Lian-Li panel - http://www.overclockers.co.uk/acatalog/LianLi_Control_Units.html

Coolermaster do the aerogate range aswell.