ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My Focus ST Family Wagon

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
So after selling my RB Clio 182 about 1.5 years ago I've been driving an old fiesta Mk6 zetec s since and have missed the joy of a car which actually does something when you put your foot down.

As me and the missus share a car and have a now 2 year old son we've been eyeing up 5 door cars for a while. First it was a Mk5 GTI then S3's among a few other things she quickly shrugged off. Upped the budget and was looking at Mk6 GTI's and still S3's. The missus didn't want the DSG for some reason and I do like manual so that made the above choices limited which is why we started looking at Focuses.

We was all set to look at a different one today when we saw this one come up and looking lovely in the advert we decided it was worth checking out first. Anyway I'll let the pics (taken from advert) do the talking...

ford-focus-st-st-2-S3466284-1.jpg

ford-focus-st-st-2-S3466284-2.jpg

ford-focus-st-st-2-S3466284-8.jpg

ford-focus-st-st-2-S3466284-9.jpg

ford-focus-st-st-2-S3466284-3.jpg

ford-focus-st-st-2-S3466284-4.jpg

Quite a big step up performance and tech wise compared to what I'm used to. All this keyless start and Bluetooth and multiple buttons on the dash has me a bit confused atm. I'm sure I'll figure that out soon. As for the drive I've not pushed it like some perhaps would yet but I've given it a good blast through some gears on a straight road and the pick up is better than I expected it to be. It feels much faster than the Clio did. Thoroughly happy so far been a long day today so can't wait to take it out for a drive and figure all the controls out tomorrow.

massiveCoRbyn

ClioSport Club Member
  Several
Looks very smart in black I must say. A friend had one and seemed to like it. Nice cars and coming down in price now.

leedsboy

ClioSport Club Member
  Bean 182 + E70 X5
I like that, looks very smart.

Guy across the road has one and I was talking to him for the first time at the weekend and he really rates his. Think his is mapped, that's it and he says it goes well.

Clio_fool

ClioSport Club Member
I expected to see an estate too. I'm not a fan of this generation focus but that looks a s**t load better than my mates tangerine scream one!

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
Cheers lads, I guess family wagon is a bit misleading lol. Not a fan of the estate and there's no way the missus would have one.

I like that, looks very smart.

Guy across the road has one and I was talking to him for the first time at the weekend and he really rates his. Think his is mapped, that's it and he says it goes well.

I probably will look into a map somewhere down the line. Coming from the Fiesta though it's standard performance is plenty for now.

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182
I do like these but really really struggle to understand why the dash looks so awful. Seats are loovely.

Jaff.

ClioSport Club Member
You realise the estate is exactly the same? Lol just had a bigger boot and about 6 inches on the rear.

I’ve had 2 now they’re spectacular cars. Great family cars and able to be a complete asbo if you want. Perfect combination.

Tangerine scream sucks - worst colour on a car ever!

Red is where it’s at...

DAB48EEF-763E-4B51-9326-D96998A7E792.jpeg

c4pob

ClioSport Club Member
  A terrible one
Very nice. I do think shadow black is an awesome colour when clean, it's just such a pig to keep clean!

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
I do like these but really really struggle to understand why the dash looks so awful. Seats are loovely.

I will say the amount of buttons certainly doesn't do it any favours there lol.

Lovely.

Bit of a tech jump 182 to a focus ST...

Keeping black shiny is hard work...

Yeah this is my first black car. Going to try and not get too OCD about it but it could do with a polish lol.

You realise the estate is exactly the same? Lol just had a bigger boot and about 6 inches on the rear.

I’ve had 2 now they’re spectacular cars. Great family cars and able to be a complete asbo if you want. Perfect combination.

Tangerine scream sucks - worst colour on a car ever!

Red is where it’s at...

View attachment 1367520

Yeah I know it's the same but the extra length just makes it look weird in certain angles. Imo of course, no doubt it's as good as a car.

davo172

ClioSport Club Member
  TCR'd 172
Great cars looks very smart. 2 of my mates have them you will spend a lot of time with the petrol pump in you hand tho ! ?

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
Great cars looks very smart. 2 of my mates have them you will spend a lot of time with the petrol pump in you hand tho ! ?

Yup I drove pretty sensible on the way home with it and noticed the needle drop quite a bit. Luckily we don't do many miles so it won't really be an issue.

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
  MX5 ND2/220 Trophy
How do they compare for running/costs and reliability, against the 2.5 warbler?

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra VXR
My ideal one would be a facelift estate Tangerine Scream :D so it seems I'd definitely be in the minority here lol...

Yours looks good though and a fine family choice. Trying to convince the missus into something similar (can't f**king stand the Jazz much longer!)

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
Cheers mate had it over a week now so I'm a bit more used to the extra tech and power over the old banger before this. I'm really enjoying it tbh.

Got it booked in late next month for a full correction and ceramic coating. The previous owner obviously used drive through car washes etc as the swirls are quite bad. A lot of people can probably overlook them but they've been bugging me and being black it's all I see when I look at the car in sunlight so I had to get it sorted. Looking forward to that and will try get some of my own pictures up once this is done.

DaveDreads

aka Philomena Cunk aka Barry Shitpeas
ClioSport Club Member
I must say I prefer the estates but I think that's because they're a bit rarer and I could fit my dog in the back without him f*cking the seats up, but it's a Focus ST which in my book is a cool car and is definitely on my list of cars to own, it's just a shame that the older ones have such terrible plastic interiors and that's coming form a 172 owner of 11 years, however your interior is a lot nicer than previous models.

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
The extra boot space with the estate would definitely be handy. Doesn't help the push chair the missus wanted is pretty big and pretty much fills the boot by itself.

The MK2 was a consideration before the budget increase. We nearly went and looked at one but it already sold. Probably for the best too although the 5 pot would be nice as I'm not a huge fan of the way the MK3 channels the induction sound to the cab to compensate.

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
LOL

Gel overlays; what to call stickers when you're too embarrassed to say you've covered your car in, umm, stickers.

Very nice. I do think shadow black is an awesome colour when clean, it's just such a pig to keep clean!

It is, and it is. I picked up a new massive transit van on Friday in shadow black. It's done 50 miles so far and looks like it's done 5,000!

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
Done the best part of 1k miles this week and it's been great. Definitely glad we got it in time for the trip to Cornwall. Don't think I could bare to drive that fiesta that far anymore. Averaged 32mpg which is fine imo probably could get 40mpg if driven like a granny. It's pretty filthy now though.

Few bits to tidy it up ready for the detail next month. Ordered genuine ford badges (no gel overlays ?) as the front has an annoying mark and the rear is starting to get that messed up chrome effect. Nothing serious or really necessary but I wanted to get a few bits done before then. I'm getting new plates too as the current screws are looking worst for wear and I want to replace them with no screws and velcro pads for a cleaner look. There's also double sided sticky tape under the plates I want to remove in the process.

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
Dropped the Focus in for its detail today and driving the Fiesta for a week. f**k me I forgot how s**t this thing is to drive.

On the plus side I'll get the car back in a week swirl free and coated in Gtechniq crystal syrum light + EXO. Pics to come hopefully.

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
Cheers mate it was quite a state before. Will try get some outdoor shots before it gets dirty.

IMG-20180720-WA0002.jpg

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
So 1 year to the day that I got this now and nothing has really changed. Had the detail done and put a symphoser blanking plate on to stop the stupid noise from the induction coming into the cab. Had its usual service and MOT in February with no issues.

Keep looking at upgrades like springs, spacers and mapping etc but just seems unnecessary tbh especially as it's used to carry a 3 year old and a 4 month old baby. I am going to get the lower engine mount replaced for a stiffer one soon though.

I did get the wheels refurbed as there was some bubbling and minor curbing and switched out the winter tyres for some pilot sport 4's.

mart.z.s

ClioSport Club Member
  Audi A3 2.0T Quattro
Looks great. I just recently sold mine in the blue. I’m a ford man at heart, but just couldn’t get a long with it. Gadgets galore which was great but It felt really small inside for a big car and the turning circle? I hear the mountune kits are meant to give these the power they need aswell.

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
The turning circle really is awful I think it'd be easier to manoeuvre a bus.

Yeah you got the mountune kits or other similar kits. I think Northampton Motorsport near me do a Revo kit but imagine they do others. The temptation is there just don't know if it's worth it plus the missus will just moan about it being noisy and it's impractical with kids. A map alone would probably open it up a bit so that's something I need to look at.

And yeah it is small inside. I can't even put drivers seat where I usually have it with the baby seat behind and by the time the push chair is in the boot it's full. S4 Avant or other performance estate cars are looking pretty attractive to me right now.