ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My friends r5 gtt for sale

Trader Rating - 100%
2   0   0
  Clio 182
The days of a sub £1000 gtt are over, they have been stripped or crushed now.
its just the clean ones left and they are fetching good money.

​its the clio sports which are turning into pocket money rides now and have replaced the gtt. Every time I look in classifieds I'm shocked to see how cheap the original parts are for the clio.

Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
  Fiesta ST2 MP215
These things like to overheat, main reason for them all being rebuilt by now, never looked after when new.

Although would love one just to rag the f**k out of for a week or so until it dies, this is dear though Christ 4.5K for a 5.

Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
  Clio 182 Trophy
I saw one of these for sale the other day. Identical to this one with the same miles for £1500, and that was mint.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
Trader Rating - 100%
14   0   0
  Whichever has fuel
I saw one of these for sale the other day. Identical to this one with the same miles for £1500, and that was mint.

I doubt it was mint for £1500. Shiny paintwork does not mean mint.

'If' it was mint, you should have bought it. You'd have doubled your money on it.

Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
  Nimbus 197
Why smooth the front bump strips and not the back :S Far too expensive. These things can be reliable if set up right.

Trader Rating - 83.3%
10   2   0
  Honda & VW
I doubt it was mint for £1500. Shiny paintwork does not mean mint. 'If' it was mint, you should have bought it. You'd have doubled your money on it.

MINT gets used far too liberally these days, MINT should mean exactly that.

prime example of a MINT Renault 5GTT

Trader Rating - 100%
3   0   0
  Nippy white cup
Mine cost me £1800 11 years ago and I got the same for it when I sold it. It had 215,000 miles on it and was a very tidy motor. Didn't even have a manual perc fan on it but never overheated (although the fan used to stay on for ages after you turned the engine off lol)

Trader Rating - 100%
2   0   0
  Clio 182
The perk fan is designed to stay on after the engine is off. It was to stop fuel evaporation and cure the hot start issues.

Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
  Clio 182 Trophy
I doubt it was mint for £1500. Shiny paintwork does not mean mint.

'If' it was mint, you should have bought it. You'd have doubled your money on it.

​In my eyes 'mint' is a well cared for mechanically sound car which is clean all round with no dents, fills, scratches etc. which this one was.
It's personal opinion at the end of the day.

NickM5c

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 100%
3   0   0
  BMW M5c, Audi A2 FSI
The perk fan is designed to stay on after the engine is off. It was to stop fuel evaporation and cure the hot start issues.

Thats right. About 10 minutes if I remember correctly. However a dodgy sensor (one on the turbo heat shield, one under the carb) can mean it'll stay on until the battery dies, or not come on at all.

I loved my GTT for the 8 years I had it, but it was a colossal pain in the ass.

MarcB

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 100%
45   0   0
  Too Many
I know of one of these that has one lady owner with 27K on the clock from new and full renault history (Service, MOTs & Mechanical)

I offered her £5K for it before i bought my trophy and she said no :cry: