ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My Integra Type R DC2

Fiat Coupe 20vt
iv been on dc2 forum for a while and most on there std seem to run mid to high 14s matey - dont get me wrong i dont mean to come across funny, just telling what iv heard :) i cant wait till i can afford a DC2 :)

the big problem thats stopping me is the fuel consumption, having to make swift progress vtec would have to be used alot, where as i only need 5k in the clio to really motor if that makes sense?

I'll have to get you out in mine soon Russ!

Integra Type-R DC2
How much do these go for? (ish)

Do JDM's command a premium?

I love em when they hit 'yo, they sound the nuts!!!

A mint '98 spec JDM goes for about £7k, but you can pick up a good one for £6k.

53 Clio's & counting
I've been reading through their 1/4 mile times and my take was lower, but either way, still a step up from the 1*2's in my opinion.

They don't drink it too much before v-tec, and there isnt a huge lack of pull under 6k, but obviously not as good as the clio under it. I reckon they won't be far off clio economy, low 30's should be acheivable.

most seem high 20's, though with a steady right foot it should be more

Maybe my 182 was 'slow' then.

Anyways, don't want this to turn into an argument of sorts, just wanted people to drool over my car ;)

lol don't worry mate as per my original post im still very jelous!

Clio 197 cup
Only just spotted the thread Jo! :) Pics aint to bad mate despite the iphone quality and the rubbish weather!

It was the first time I had seen a DC2 close up and been in one and I was pleasently surprised mate to say it was a 10 year old car!

I think it is a really nice car, just enjoy it mate and promise me you will take me for a spin in the V6 when you get it ;)

Pep

ClioSport Club Member
  M2,XJS,S1000RR
I'll take you out in the V6 no worries dude!

Yeah, they do look better in the flesh, but an aquired taste at the same time!

K20 eg 217 whp.
Dont forget they only have a measly 1.8 :p. Im actually a fan of the uk over the jdm, looks like a nice buy.

Pep

ClioSport Club Member
  M2,XJS,S1000RR
Pepsi - What is wrong with the Recaros?

Bit worn as usual, I just like things to be minter than mint!
Not really worth it, see how money goes, got a few other bits that need doing first.

Bit worn as usual, I just like things to be minter than mint!
Not really worth it, see how money goes, got a few other bits that need doing first.

Ah yeah, know what you mean. If its the bolsters then they can be replaced fairly cheaply.

Pep

ClioSport Club Member
  M2,XJS,S1000RR
The drivers bolster is a bit, but just general 10 year old wear and tear all over them.

120d M Sport
+1 tbh ...there's a lad in town with a DC5 and I'm yet to see him gain anything significant on me, pretty much the same every time.

Awesome car though Pepsi, looks ace! If had one I know I'd spend a small fortune modding it!!

The JDM thread is so inspiring!!! :)

Is it a white one? Middle aged guy?

Nice car by the way Joe! Any chance of a passenger ride when I bring mine up to get springs fitted :D?

Pep

ClioSport Club Member
  M2,XJS,S1000RR
Yeah I'll take you out mate.

Forgot about that lol, when you wanting them done?

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
Awesome cars, but you won't lose a 182 in one. The sensation of speed is increased as they are so f**king raw (in a very good way), and the step up at vtec, but in reality there's f**k all in it.

As said, love them to bits.

If you do plan to recondition them check out ITR-DC5.com for a 'how to' thread on replacing the bolsters on Recaros, really helpful.

Pep

ClioSport Club Member
  M2,XJS,S1000RR
will do mate, thanks.
suppose i may as well, worth trying before a new seat!

Pep

ClioSport Club Member
  M2,XJS,S1000RR
Despoilered it today!

Dropped it at the bodyshop to be sprayed, hoping the roof will polish up when Luke stops conning me and drops off the G220!

IMG_0670.gif

IMG_0674.gif

IMG_0677.gif

Looks wierd with no spoiler!!

As proven by the JDM thread a DC2 despoilered needs serious stance to pull it off. You've not got the ride height, offset or camber yet ;)

Pep

ClioSport Club Member
  M2,XJS,S1000RR
Contrary to popular belief, v-tec is actually always kicking in......y0.
Many just do not realise this.

Badly needs an s2k aerial to tidy the back end up though!

S3 Sportback, Ninja
Rofl @ the aerial im thinking of doing the same swap tbh but would have to be white for me!