ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My Lovely Billabong

leeds_182

North Yorkshire & Humber
ClioSport Area Rep
  Ziel Nurburgring

Makes a change from people posting clean pictures;)

Each to their own, but i think it looks awful. The exhaust is terrible and the lights suck camel ass.

Billabong

Quote: Originally posted by blink172 on 20 June 2005

Each to their own, but i think it looks awful. The exhaust is terrible and the lights suck camel ass.

what exactly looks awful. what you have to bear in mind here is that there is still the bumper to go on the back which will mean that the exhaust wont look so damn low! i think maybe you should think about you posts before you start typing. The exhust is a renault fit and to be honest it makes a bloody change from all of the other clios that look EXACTLY the same. I got clear lights and NOT lexus lights for a good reason as well, EVERYONE HAS BLOODY LEXUS LIGHTS!!!!!!!!

Billabong

Quote: Originally posted by POW_Clio on 20 June 2005

The lights are an extreme change from the black paint. What about smoked clusters?

WOULD ALSO LOOK GOOD BUT I AM GOING FOR THE MAJOR CONTRAST LOOK! CHROME ALLOYS CHROME MESH IN THE 182 FRONT BUMPER. NOT TOO MUCH THOUGH OTHER WISE IT WILL LOOK CRAP. JUST TRYING TO DO SOMETHING DIFFERENT WITH MY BABY, DONT WANT IT TO LOOK THE SAME AS ALL THE OTHER CLIOS BUT ALSO DONT WANT TO LOOK OVER THE TOP IF YA KNOW WHAT I MEAN.

ST

Quote: Originally posted by DjTimP on 20 June 2005

Quote: Originally posted by blink172 on 20 June 2005

what exactly looks awful. what you have to bear in mind here is that there is still the bumper to go on the back which will mean that the exhaust wont look so damn low! i think maybe you should think about you posts before you start typing. The exhust is a renault fit and to be honest it makes a bloody change from all of the other clios that look EXACTLY the same. I got clear lights and NOT lexus lights for a good reason as well, EVERYONE HAS BLOODY LEXUS LIGHTS!!!!!!!!

Matey dont take peoples replies too badly, its YOUR car so you make it the way you want it to be because you like it that way, if others dont like it thats their opinion.

Sebring exhaust then, is it cat back or just a rear box?

Pink & Blue 182, JDM DC2

I followed an identical car, but it was an extreme to work this morning.

Did you say yur having the 182 bumpers fitted?

Octavia VRS

just different people have different opinions mate. Dont worry about it like Al says, as long as you like it

Billabong

Quote: Originally posted by CupCake on 20 June 2005

I followed an identical car, but it was an extreme to work this morning.

Did you say yur having the 182 bumpers fitted?
yep but the are made for my chassis number, again from renault.

It is just the back box. Not a very intrusive noise but certainly makes some suggestions!

Yeah, hot weather and that tend to get you a little heated, of course people are intitled to there opinions, soz guys.

Billabong

Quote: Originally posted by leeds_182 on 20 June 2005

Alright mate im from Leeds! We are having a get together on Sunday at the White Rose Pub nr the white rose centre if u fancy popping down.

http://forum.cliosport.net/display_topic_threads.asp?ForumID=7&TopicID=164391&PagePosition=1http://forum.cliosport.net/display_topic_threads.asp?ForumID=7&TopicID=164391&PagePosition=1

Just a warning - you will probably get some "constructive criticism" about the lexus style lights!

What bit of leeds u from?

i live in moortown, what about you and the others that are coming down?

Pink & Blue 182, JDM DC2

I look forward to seeing the bumpers. Keep us posted. Are you keeping those wheels? How about some lowering?

Billabong

Quote: Originally posted by Martin_89 on 20 June 2005

id lose the lights and it would look 10X better, apart from that its ok.

thats the same exhaust my mum has on her Clio Extreme 4

I might change the exhaust then! ;)

Wheels i am keeping for the mo, families are expensive things! When i do change them they will be chrome and no bigger than 16s, dont want to be losing that amazing handling now do i.

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member

Quote: Originally posted by Martin_89 on 20 June 2005

id lose the lights and it would look 10X better, apart from that its ok.

thats the same exhaust my mum has on her Clio Extreme 4

I might change the exhaust then! ;)
Mums a driving instructor and the Extreme is the learner car, so yeah, id change it :D

Billabong

nice chromes dude!!! i am looking for ones with more spokes though. how much are you selling them for?

sorry, you may like it, i dont

contrast from the lights and the bodywork does not work, exhaust looks aftermarket with no balls, currently seems to sit higher than a baby in a very high high chair

OE lights, lowered, colour coding and full stainless system is all that is required to make a base spec clio look good

IMHO by having such a contrast the car will look ridiculous

ST

Quote: Originally posted by Bryan on 20 June 2005

contrast from the lights and the bodywork does not work, exhaust looks aftermarket with no balls, currently seems to sit higher than a baby in a very high high chair

OE lights, lowered, colour coding and full stainless system is all that is required to make a base spec clio look good

Just for the record the billabong isnt a base model its a dynamique/billabong, same as a dynamique just with a different interior ;)

Billabong

Quote: Originally posted by Bryan on 20 June 2005

some critisism that i can take, simply because it is well explained, however i disagree but nevermind. i think it is about time we had some more pics posted on here for some kind of comparison.

ex Clio 172 owner :(

Billabong

Such a ridiculous name.

Im at a loss as to why this thread is called My Lovely Billabong

Looks like every other 1.2 I see with the inevitable Lexus style lights.

(I see jamieswales has changed his name and avatar anyway. Maybe hes 19 now.)

Billabong

ok, just added a couple more pics, that i feel do it some more justice than the originals. still feel it looks badass though! however worryingly more people seem to think it doesnt look so great. :confused:

ST

Quote: Originally posted by Chris1.4RT on 20 June 2005

Billabong

Such a ridiculous name.

PMSL!

Mate I aint being funny but if you really want to make your car badass (which quite frankly is nigh on impossible in any small hatchback especially one with a girls name ;)) then lower it, alloy it, decent exhaust and on a black car Id have smoked lights.

There endeth.

(actually jamie has started a new id)

Billabong

Billabong

Such a ridiculous name.

firstly it is MY lovley billabong meaning it is lovely because it is mine

secondly they are not lexus lights they are clear

and finaly, all this coming from someone who has a saxo as their avatar....need i go on?

Octy vRS & Ninja 650

Billabong is only the equivalent to the 106 quicksilver, both the same kind of surfer makes, is kinda silly, but no need to rip into it!

OOh get you. Touchy.

I appreciate it is yours. That part was a wind up mate.

Lexus lights you will find now tends to be a generic term for all clear lights fitted to cars.

I aint ripping into the Billabong name as such, I just think its daft. Remember the Clio used to do a 1.2 BeBop. Why such daft names?

As for the Saxo comment, yeah you stick to your tarted up 1.2, Ill drive one of the greatest hot hatches ever made.

I got rid of my 1.4 Clio two years ago. I just dont feel the need to change my name.

lol jealous yeah ok. Im jealous of those who can afford a Trophy. Not a Billabonk.

Billabong

OOh get you. Touchy.

I appreciate it is yours. That part was a wind up mate.

Lexus lights you will find now tends to be a generic term for all clear lights fitted to cars.

I aint ripping into the Billabong name as such, I just think its daft. Remember the Clio used to do a 1.2 BeBop. Why such daft names?

As for the Saxo comment, yeah you stick to your tarted up 1.2, Ill drive one of the greatest hot hatches ever made.

i understand it was just a wind up afterall we are only having a laugh, but ONE OF THE GREATEST HOT HATCHES EVER MADE, there is a reason why the maker has a nickname of sh*tron in car garages up and down the country.:D

ST

must be a jealousy thing, only having a 1.4rt and all.
Eh mate......he has a VTS....130BHP IIRC.

Stop with the bitchy comments like i said before.

I also have a 1.2 16v dynamique/billabong, but i havent done anything silly to it (pics in media) theres a lot of really smart dynamiques on here, so chill out with all the drama and as i said people have opinions that YOU may not agree with but thats their opinion. But please stop goin on like yours is the best thing since sliced bread, i was nice about your car earlier but if your going to start being a little b**ch about others i wont be so nice in future.

Al/

[Edited by 16vClio on 20 June 2005 at 4:57pm]

sadly DJTimP the saxo is a far better car than it has ever been given credit, yes you have chavs that destroy the cars image, as does the clio, then again, as does every manufacturer

the saxo is one of the best hatches of the last 10 years comfortably, and only the top spec clios give them a run

for a 120bhp go-kart you cannot go wrong with a VTS