ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My Lupo GTI

cafcross

ClioSport Club Member
Well last November I sold the old bus

dsc00746v.jpg

For this

DSC01197.jpg

DSC01200.jpg

DSC01231.jpg

Moon silver, 48k on the clock (when I bought it, now on 54k), 6 speed box, heated leather and FK Silverline coilovers.

Was already slammed 85mm on the coilovers, so just did a few things like replace the headunit, fit a BMC panel filter, debadge and de-wiper the rear.

Had planetx take some decent photos of it

SPW_0907.jpg

SPW_0904.jpg

SPW_0922.jpg

Then last month had a little accident.....

Photo0302.jpg

Photo0303.jpg

Photo0304.jpg

Guy hit me from behind in stationary traffic, forcing me into the car in front. Went through on his insurance, but total cost to fix my car was £3700!! Thought they were going to write it off. Needed new front and rear bumpers, bonnet, radiator, sidelights, 1 xenon headlight and the rear panel to be straightened. Currently still in the bodyshop as they're waiting for 4 or 5 bumper mounths to arrive which were on special order. Everything is ready to be put back on though, with my best mate doing all the spraying. Unfortunately my girlfriend and mate both suffered whiplash but are both claiming compensation.

Whilst it's in the bodyshop I bought these babies...

Photo0462.jpg

Photo0318.jpg

Rials. 7x15s et25....should give me a nice bit of poke.

And also about to purchase a Janspeed cat back system.

Thank you please.

53 Clio's & counting
very nice fella

your clutch pedal looks quite high, the lupo's and polo's suffered from the pedal box braking, it snaps the bit of metal that supports the clutch pedal, so look through your s/h and check if thats been done

if you need any info, give me a pm i work for vw

nice little car

good job they are expensive as they are, otherwise would probably be a write off

cafcross

ClioSport Club Member
Cheers mate

Yeah I've read the pedal box info on ClubLupo. Some people have had it done via goodwill, others have had to pay for it. And it also seems to be mainly on the 1.4 Sports. Clutch feels fine tbh, previous owner didn't say anything about it, and I know of others who have high clutches as well. When it comes back it's got it's service anyway, so I'll ask them to have a quick look at it then.

cafcross

ClioSport Club Member
Thanks a lot for the comments.

Gstar - will do, just gotta get some rubber (and my car back lol)

TomS- I agree, but you see so many standard (like 172s and 182s) that I wanted to do something different.

Vee dub
Thanks a lot for the comments.

Gstar - will do, just gotta get some rubber (and my car back lol)

TomS- I agree, but you see so many standard (like 172s and 182s) that I wanted to do something different.

Fair do's chap. Although I owned mine for 2.5 years and saw no more than 6 on the road in that time!

172 Ph1, Lupo GTI
the car looks great in the pics. hope you can get it back to its former glory soonish

Clio
I love how Lupo's GTI's need very little doing to them to make them look fantastic.

I really want one of these as my next car :)

That looks really comfy, I bet it is such an upgrade from the clio its unbelievable!
Those standard wheels look quality on it. Are they going to be for sale soon ;)?

cafcross

ClioSport Club Member
Fair do's chap. Although I owned mine for 2.5 years and saw no more than 6 on the road in that time!
Ah, I didn't mean I see so many out on the roads, I meant you see so many standard ones at shows. I've seen 3 on the road in the 6 months I'e had mine, 2 of which are in the same town as me.

M8EDJ - no I'm afraid, going to be keeping them for the winter and track

Ah, I didn't mean I see so many out on the roads, I meant you see so many standard ones at shows. I've seen 3 on the road in the 6 months I'e had mine, 2 of which are in the same town as me.

M8EDJ - no I'm afraid, going to be keeping them for the winter and track
Always worth asking, they look schweet:cool:

330Ci (Fail)Sport
I really like the Lupo GTI, funky looking little car. Some nice pics there.

New wheels look cracking, look forward to seeing pics of those once fitted.

Nafoff

ClioSport Club Member
stunning, those wheels should look awesome, i knew of TomS gti and that was beautiful, i really am a fan of the arosa's and lupo's

shot a very nice lupo for the mag recently, keep an eye out for it in a few issues time,

BIFCAIDS

ClioSport Club Member
  340i M-Sport & 182
nice buddy, unlucky about the accident but atleast its getting sorted, wheels look sexual

LoW clio Sh*t...&..
looking nice mate.. More pics from the side?? You are going to lower it arent you..? Loving it!

cafcross

ClioSport Club Member
Already down 80mm. Just ordered some spacers as the fronts are catching the calipers and wanted to poke the rear more. Then will have a play with the coilies.

cafcross

ClioSport Club Member
Well I finally fitted the wheels properly yesterday. Still need to have a slught play with the coilies and space the rears a bit more (8mm spacers on atm, going for 10mm or 12mm).

Pics:

Photo0573.jpg

Photo0575.jpg

Photo0580-3.jpg

Photo0583-3.jpg

Megane F1 R26 LY
change the o and u around so it says LOPO .

i love these . very nice car

infact forget what i have just said :S buy another o from a scrap yard .

Last edited:
That looks amazing.

I was with TomS on the standard wheels, but i have to say i think that is an exception to the rules.

05 Plate MG ZR 105 Trophy
Couldn't have anything that low myself as we have speed humps all over the place where I live lol. Looks nice :).

maynard

ClioSport Club Member
  ph2 172 track car
noice! i was looking at one of these before i got the clio. really nice car!