ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My mates Autotest spec Nova at Foxly Autotest...Pics and Vids!

172 Race Car
I got chatting to a mate at work a while back and he told me he did autotesting and invited me to come along and have a look. Just got back from there and i loved it. Some serious skilll needed to drive like that.

I got there about 10:30 just before they were about to start and had a look round his car. I thought my car was stripped, Lol. It has fibreglass bonnet, boot lid, roof, doors and bumpers. No dash or interior. runs a 5 litre fuel tank, a modified steering rack to give extra lock and corsa electic steering coloumn. It also has a modified gear box (including lsd) giving it only one forward (1st) and reverse gear. The gearstick just moves up and down.

PICT0012.gif

PICT0016.gif

PICT0007.gif

PICT0008.gif

PICT0011.gif

PICT0029.gif

PICT0050.gif

He only built it last winter and is just starting to get used to it. He has been doing these type of events since he was 16. I think today was his 4th event with the car and we had a few problems with it.

He must of been a bit greedy with the amount of steering lock he gave it as it broke 2 driveshafts today....

PICT0040.gif

Which ment lots of this

PICT0036.gif

Eventulay we fitted a stop in the rack to give it slightly less lock, but he needs to do some more work back home to stop it breaking shafts.

Later the car decided the fan belt wasnt needed and spat that out too.

the Nova is a very popular car with Autotesters so i found as they are a good size, the parts are cheep and they can be modified to suit the events quite easily. There were other classes running today also.

PICT0056.gif

PICT0060.gif

PICT0075.gif

PICT0076.gif

PICT0057.gif

This wasnt taking part but i thought ud all like to see it...

PICT0046.gif

The weather was great and its a very interesting form of motorsport that i have not seen before.

Later he took me on a passenger ride, as u can see there is no seat! I was thrown around like mad, fun though.

Just waiting for youtube to upload my vid...........

Don

182 & LY Clio 220 ed
Looks good mate, shame you couldn't make it, but looks like you enjoyed yourself anyhow!

Until the next one maybe! :)

Qashcow
sweet, makes you realise how much it takes to actually strip a car to nothing. do you know how much it weighs?

172 Race Car
u wouldnt want to crash it. From the back wheels to the rear bumper the chassis has been cut away and only a very this sheet of ali is on the floor.

The roof is purely fibreglass from the top of the pillars with no steel bracing at all

FF Blackgold 182
That looks awesome! Never seen auto testing before. What are the rules of that kind of event? Can they do anything, or do they have a set requirement of things to do?

172 Race Car
That looks awesome! Never seen auto testing before. What are the rules of that kind of event? Can they do anything, or do they have a set requirement of things to do?
You will have to come along to the next one bud, good fun to watch and cost nothing to spectate. They have to memorise the test from a plan (a skill in itself) and are timed doing it. The test will look something like this... iirc the dotted lines mean it must be done in reverse

test.gif

is it me or is there only 2 pedals.
Its you, look at the 6th pic

Mondeo TXS Bardge.
seen this before on TV its proper russ swift stuff, there were caterum but the big boys used these modded mini pick ups, you know just the front of the car with any body work, made the back end slide about like it was on ice, but apprently thats a good thing, they have high hand brakes, which dont have the ratchet in them so they only engage when pulled then when you let go they are off. and they accelerate bloody quick only to 40 in both directions but, thats the most they need as it only like 50m dashes between cones.

propper skill required there

Thanks for the pm mate, just got back from spain.

Herd a lot about this nova, looks and sounds even better than i thought.