ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My missus is a doofus

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
You have a misses? I thought you were a carbon copy of Hendo???! Pervert and part time rapist!?

Cookie

ClioSport Club Member
I'd go through insurance tbh. Thats why you pay it.

With 9 points, my insurance is already a piss take. Can't really afford to lose the no claims

Sorry to disappoint you Ali

The guy is now asking for costs for a courtesy car.. he's either got a lot more intelligent in the space of 2 days, or he's asked for some advice from someone

Going to leave it to the insurance company now

Tempted to burn the f*****s house to the ground

Cookie

ClioSport Club Member
Turns out as well the guy gave us a false surname.. f**king bizarre

No point telling the po-po as they didn't want to know when he didn't give ANY details at the scene

Suzuki Ignis
If he gave you false details, doesnt that mean a claim would be invalid, therefore meaning you wouldnt have to pay anything.

Hes obviously trying to hide something if hes giving you a different name, twist it back on him so you dont have to pay anything out, then inform the police. That'll teach him.

As already said, that crease looks like it was done in the past because of the rust under the cracked paint...

Jamie

ClioSport Club Member
Have to agree with people saying he appears dodgy. Say you want it to go through the insurance as you're doubtful the damage was caused at the scene because of the rust so want an independant inspection and verification and you can't afford anything more than £800 - see what he says. He may just take the money and run fearing he's pulling a fast one, or go through the insurance. Either way, I can't see your insurance going up £800 so it would be win, win.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Fight it mate, say you don't think that damage was done by your car, drag it out and make him suffer.

They can't get anything from your insurance if you dispute it mate.

Tell him you're going to go through insurance using the details he supplied you. If he gave you false details, thats his problem and your insurance legal team might even step in.

He would have needed to report it to his insurance company within 24 hrs anyway to make a claim... did he do this?

Saab 93 Aero Wagon
Sod paying out and not going the insurance route. I'd put money on him either not having a policy or having a dodgy car. Giving a false name rings alarm bells.
Pursue the insurance route and make sure the inspecting assessor is uber thorough. I'd want to see valid insurance docs, an MOT certificate, tyre tread depths, the lot.

F4R'd ITB'd '92 cup racer
But if he is not at fault it doesn't make any difference if he is insured/legal etc

As crazy as it is a driver with no licence, no insurance, no tax, no mot and a car that is not roadworthy can still claim off a fully insured driver if they are not at fault!

Saab 93 Aero Wagon
But if he is not at fault it doesn't make any difference if he is insured/legal etc

As crazy as it is a driver with no licence, no insurance, no tax, no mot and a car that is not roadworthy can still claim off a fully insured driver if they are not at fault!

Insurance companies will do their very best to find a reason NOT to pay out. If there is any sort of legal issue in terms of a car being unroadworthy, the claimant being uninsured themselves or any one of a gazillion other issues then the insurance company will make it very difficult for said claimant to get any repairs authorised.

Any claim can be disputed.

Cookie

ClioSport Club Member
Our insurance company were provided with the same details he gave to us, we haven't corrected his surname for them

It's down to them now as to what they want to do with him

F4R'd ITB'd '92 cup racer
Insurance companies will do their very best to find a reason NOT to pay out. If there is any sort of legal issue in terms of a car being unroadworthy, the claimant being uninsured themselves or any one of a gazillion other issues then the insurance company will make it very difficult for said claimant to get any repairs authorised.

Any claim can be disputed.

The ones I work for must be soft then, countless times we have reported vehicles for being unroadworthy or having no tax and they tell us that if it hasn't made a difference to the accident circumstances then carry on and authorise the repairs, it's mad! My arguement with them is that if the vehicle had been off the road the accident would never had happened, and yet still they tell us to carry on and authorise :s

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
The ones I work for must be soft then, countless times we have reported vehicles for being unroadworthy or having no tax and they tell us that if it hasn't made a difference to the accident circumstances then carry on and authorise the repairs, it's mad! My arguement with them is that if the vehicle had been off the road the accident would never had happened, and yet still they tell us to carry on and authorise :s

Bang on mate. It's actually one of the ATA part A questions. ;)

Cookie

ClioSport Club Member
Is it mis spelled or is it Mr Brown vs Mr Whyte? lol

Docton vs Stockton

The other half even confirmed it back to him breaking it down into individual letters over the phone

The only reason we know his surname is Stockton, is because he gave us a copy of the quote he got from the garage