ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

my mk1....-the debate-

I

instinctz

ok its become clear over the last few weeks that my recent mods hav sparked a little contreversy.... the cars still not done, theres 17's tints and a spoiler goin on BUT.... can i get sum opinions please? be honest here not harsh! (and the rear plate has still to go on)

Mazda 3 MPS Mk1
I quite like it mate, not so sure about the rear valance/lights, but yeah, nice one ;)

I like it :)

But still unsure about lexus lights... Lol

Have you thought about going for the clear ones from Ktec? There's some on ebay at the moment I think.

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4
lose the lexus lights, rear valance looks a bit sh*t but hey, would get morrettes for the front, lower, bigger wheels, and needs a rear spoiler badly, looks okay though, have seen far, far worse.

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy
i think you need a diffenerent rear bumper as it doesn't seem to match very well imo and looks a bit 'bitty' if you get what i mean. Wheras the front one looks a lot more substantial and kinda subtle (if you get what i mean).

I think you should deffo get rid of lexus lights and swap for some differnet ones.

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy
forgot to add, the front bumper looks interesting cos i haven't seen one like that before, with the front lippy bit. :)

I personnally don't like modded cars with kits but i can stilll give an opininon if the owner likes it and wants some 'developmental' points.

But you deffo got to change the rer bumper for something in keeping with the front and i think it will look coolio :)

The Beast MK4
Not a fan tbh. Id say a different set of bumpers(front and back) and losing the lexus lights would smarten it up but each to their own. :)

front looks good, as they have said, loose the lexus lights. The rear bumper looks wrong on the section where the exhaust is (may be get on thats filled in)
i'm not keen on the headlight brows either tbh.
The wheels are ok, but I think a differnt set would look better tbh.

That front bumber would look mint if it had a big fook off intercooler behind it (obviusly you'd need a turbo though)

Clio 182 Trophy 047/500
I really like it. Not my cup of tea as I have never been into all the body kits etc.

Like most people have said drop the Lexus lights. I would aslo suggest debadging the boot and at the same time lose the wiper and boot lock as well.

Well done nice to see a good quality modded car, not everyone can afford the insurance on a 2.0lt so its good to see the little cars getting the attention as well.

Keep up the work.

I

instinctz

lol! ok thanks for the replies, i must have been in hibernation or sumthin, those lights went on when tey came out n i never checked a forum until this one an suddenly everyone HATES them. and yea the rear bumper is the matching one for the front apparently :S basically the way i want the car is the k-tec rear bumper, de-badged, badboy bonnet, 17" tooras, alien spoiler and lowered more at the back. i just dont have the money at the mo :(

172 M69 eater
instinctz said:
lol! ok thanks for the replies, i must have been in hibernation or sumthin, those lights went on when tey came out n i never checked a forum until this one an suddenly everyone HATES them. and yea the rear bumper is the matching one for the front apparently :S basically the way i want the car is the k-tec rear bumper, de-badged, badboy bonnet, 17" tooras, alien spoiler and lowered more at the back. i just dont have the money at the mo :(

some good choices there but i would also add a front grill to the list...

I

instinctz

another question...are you guys judging the rear bumper remembering that the plate is still to go on? cuz iv had a few numptys comment thinking that the big ass gap is meant to b like that...just a thought. plus isnt that one of the most common rear bumpers with loads of clio kits?

I have the same front bumper and sideskirts but not fitted yet! I was actualy thinking of selling them but after seeing your pics i need to double think this through! Cheers bud

I

instinctz

patty said:
some good choices there but i would also add a front grill to the list...

im undecided between the matching mesh grill i had in b4 or the standard strip (if it fits) suggestions??

Ph1 172 & others
as said before jap kits dont suit french cars but theres something about this one. Looks pretty cool but not OTT

Lose the lights though

Mk1 GTTArch'd 1.8RSI Clio
very nice, lose the lexus lights
get the bonnet smoothed and bay boyed, and the boot smoothed, will look mint then

182BG
as stated, lose the lexus lights, get some clear or dark ones.
black mesh in the front and rear bumber maybe
lose the eybrows and/or maybe get some morettes

but looking good mate,

Valver Lookalike Mk1 Ph3
I think the lights look ok on that colour actually.

Really dislike the front and rear bumpers tho.

I

instinctz

ah ok more feedback lol havnt looked at this for a few days, k erm theres already mesh in the bumpers? the sprayer decided to paint it matching colour cuz it apparently looked pish silver... and it aint a valver...its a 1.2, but thanks to the 'sounds like a 747 taking off at 70mph' 4 speed box, exhuast, ind kit, weight reduction and minimum fuel it tanks a lot of 1.4's and keeps pace with a lot of faster cars. iv beaten my mates c2 gt a few times off the line up to about 50. if i can't dump it into second tho im fooked while rollin. keep the comments cumin

I

instinctz

afterthought....il photoshop the way itl look after crimbo. angel eyes, bad boy bonnet, k-tec clear rear lights, k-tec kombat rear bumper, lower, ridin 17's, tints, badgirl spoiler (gay i know) etc etc ny thots on those choices?