ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My mum is scared and prepared...

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra VXR
To enter a modern world of radios, away from her cassette recording radio. However I have no words of wisdom for her, I really don't know what's out there.

Basically atm she uses the above mentioned to record her shows on to cassette. I doubt that CD's ever really took over for this? Perhaps there are HDD recorders built into radios that can record? She's not too thrilled of the thought of rummaging through something like iPlayer to find her show, as, understandably, just pressing play on her cassette is a hell of a lot more simple!

All I've done at this point is have a look through the Argos catalogue with her, where it seems simply nothing else exists other than a crappy Bush cassette player! An entire choice of one, as well. Are we stuck with this? Or is there anything else out there, cheers.

Gav_r26

ClioSport Club Member
  2006 Megane R26
I have a pure Midi Hifi with DAB and Sd recording. Can set it on a timer like free view or sky plus as it has a guide, and can also pause live radio. Great bit of kit. It is quite old though and they have newer models now. Mines an old DMX-60 model but does the job.

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra VXR
Yeah I found one for £90 in the end, a Robert's one. I suppose being able to upload MP3's to it is pretty cool as well!