ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My new car..

The successor to the 172 is....

A Honda Prelude Type S.

Picked it up last night. Well impressed with it. Sounds superb.

I will take some pics over the weekend.

The Type S is a very rare flavour of the 5th generation Prelude only available on import. Has the 2.2Vtec engine but pushes out a little more than the uk car (220bhp). There are only a handful on the country and I have been lucky enough to get my hands on one!

lol he actually has one, also an import semi auto type s but his has 195bhp.

Why did you get it over the 172? Ive never driven it so i cant judge but just thinking of the old model which gramps also had it doesnt compare well.

-Rob

I would reserve judgement until you see the pics. First impressions are that it is not as quick off the line as the 172 but in gear it certainly has more pull. Have to say that the handling is a lot tighter as well. Here is a bit of info for you...

http://babelfish.altavista.com/babelfish/urltrurl?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.honda.co.jp%2FHOT%2FModelData%2Fprelude%2F97pu-k-610%2Fgrade_data%2Fs.html&lp=ja_en&tt=urlhttp://babelfish.altavista.com/babelfish/urltrurl?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.honda.co.jp%2FHOT%2FModelData%2Fprelude%2F97pu-k-610%2Fgrade_data%2Fs.html&lp=ja_en&tt=url

Dunno...but it weighs 305 kgs less!

What were your reasons for buying it anyway? More space? I didnt if know you had sold your 172? Still staying with the club?:)

Just fancied a change to be honest. Sold the Clio and bought this for a little bit less. I have had a right job deciding though. I wanted something for around 7 grand that had about 200bhp. Narrowed it down to Fiat Coupe 20vt, Alfa GTV, Nissan 200sx, or the Honda which is what I settled on mainly because of the VTEC engine which means if I drive sensibly I can still get reasonable fuel consumption. Also being Jap it means cheap servicing and good reliability and the power is there is I want it! Comes very well specced as well. CD/Mini disc, leather, climate control...

Mazda 2, MX5 Mk2.5 Sport

MY MATE A WORK HAD A PRELUDE...HAD NOTHIN BUT TROUBLE WITH....WINSCREEN KEPT LEAKIN AND ALL SORTS EVEN STARTED GOIN RUSTY B4 IT WAS EVEN 5 YEARS OLD.....DIDNT PUT HIM OFF HONDAS THOUGH HES GOT A ACCORD TYPE R NOW

CTR EK9 turbo

Hi Zidan, nice choice of car! ignore the negative comments. Youve done well dude!

I was going to buy a prelude 2.2 vtec but a 93 before i got mine, they sure are quick for what they are. Do the 97 onwards still have that cool digi/analogue dash?

Get those pics up! tell us some more stats! is yours the 4-wheel steer?

Cheers for the support Simon! Dont know why Im getting picked on!

The dash is quite plain to be honest. Typically Japanese but it does have these nice carbon fibre inserts which looks quite smart. Ill get the pics up over the weekend. Not sure if it is 4ws or not. It is damn hard to find any info on them. Im picking up the handbook later on so maybe that will tell me...

CTR EK9 turbo

have you tried looking for the type-r website, i cant remember the web addres as its on my old computer. Loadsa guys in preludes integras and civic etc on there may be able to help ya

Tried Hondafroums.com but the best one Ive found is the hondarevolutions.com page. No doubt they can answer a few of my questions.

Nice choise, my dad got one as well, althought not a type s (which is rare and more than a match for a standard impreza on motorway), its a normal 2.2 VTi model, apparently the H22A engine has one of the best VTEC kick and growl from all the honda engines. plus the sitting position is so nice, low down with the geark knob just where your hand rest. to see if your car has 4ws turn the wheel while stationary and look at the back wheels

Preludeonline.com is the best preelude site as well, althought you have to pay to look at the forums bar the "General Disccusion"

Honda-tech.com is very informative as well....

hehe below 4.7k it sound so smooth and when the vtec cams comes in, WOW, it sounds alot better than any aftermarket exhausts IMO

Make sure you check the oil regularly as well, as they can have a drink problem if you VTEC all the time:)

By the way what colour is yours?

Its black. Looks very sleek. This one is in superb condition, the only thing that is a bit screwed are the wheels but spending 200 quid on a refurb will soon sort that out. Its going in for a full Honda service next week.

Quote: Originally posted by RobFenn on 11 April 2003

Youre not being picked on, this is a forum, open to debate and different opinions
....and lots of total drivel, right? Looking forward to the 9th May when you can celebrate 6000 posts? :sleep::sleep::sleep:

Edit - PS: Zidan - nice car :D

Quote: Originally posted by Rhys on 11 April 2003

Quote: Originally posted by RobFenn on 11 April 2003

Youre not being picked on, this is a forum, open to debate and different opinions
....and lots of total drivel, right? Looking forward to the 9th May when you can celebrate 6000 posts? :sleep::sleep::sleep:

Edit - PS: Zidan - nice car :D

lol drivel..ok..you seem to be one of these people who deliberately provoke for a reaction. Its like being at school..i defend this forum just for people to post comments like this. Just because i dont have my tongue up Zidans arse doesnt mean anything is say is invalid. A different opinion is not the wrong one The simple fact is i have said nothing wrong on this thread to provoke an insult. Anyway i wont go on, you cant get through to some people.

ahem