ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My New ICE!!

A well built VW
Pioneer do a direct replacement for the renaults the model number is Ts-Q131C around £65 a set (google it) make a big difference and cheap too

Mustang, S13, AX GT
me sounding like the novice, but before you take apart your dash why not check how much to get it professionally done? I paid £50-60 to get mine wired in and setup up and dont regret it one bit, sounds awesome and looks v tidy

Bad choices all round but nevermind, least you're changing them.

Are you local to chelmsford then?

Professionally fitted doesn't always mean better.

1 Series Coupe
Pete said:

Bad choices all round? what do you mean?

Yea i am in chelmsford...

I have spoken to the pioneer shop near me, and the bloke said he could fit for £100... plus he will give me 10% my amp, so i am gunna go there and get it fitted...

I had that head unit in my car and it wasn't the easiest to fit as there are loads of wires and connection boxes on the back of it. Took it to a pioneer dealer in the end and he had to take the top of the dash off to lay the cables and get a decent earth (for using the 4x60W setting).

The Bear said:
HU will fit. They're all standard height/width, and there's plenty of room behind. Should go straight in with the fitting cage no probs.

Nike Lunar Elite's
Pettsi said:

He means that 1 you got 6x9s and 2 you went for all Pioneer.

Pioneer make some decent H/U's but thats about it, there is much better stuff out on the market for practically the same price.

Please dont ever pay for fitting. Its the biggest waste of money. It makes me sick to see how much companies charge for fitting kit, makes me wana setup my own business and make some big bucks!!!

Looking for a 1.8 16v
Pettsi said:

Yea i am in chelmsford...

I have spoken to the pioneer shop near me, and the bloke said he could fit for £100... plus he will give me 10% my amp, so i am gunna go there and get it fitted...

100 quid for fittin tell him where to go me and u could easily fit that i fitted mine all it is is amp wiring ,cuttin some holes on the parcel shelf if ur havin 6x9's and changin the speakers

Looking for a 1.8 16v
Pettsi said:
Yes the CD's are an extra £200 per cd...

no no not really...

normal CDs are fine... you have to play about with the settings... maybe the 'display' button

no wen u burn the cd just enable id3 tag and u can change it by clickin display on the headunit to file name not folder number or folder name or track number etc

1 Series Coupe
uzi-spray said:
100 quid for fittin tell him where to go me and u could easily fit that i fitted mine all it is is amp wiring ,cuttin some holes on the parcel shelf if ur havin 6x9's and changin the speakers

i need to get an amp first... what amp do i get? lol soo many to chooose frommm

Looking for a 1.8 16v
Pettsi said:
i need to get an amp first... what amp do i get? lol soo many to chooose frommm

wat power is ur subs rms wise? and u know motor mania up baddow road they do good 4 channel amps wiv like 900rms for £120 i just picked up a kenwood amp 1000watt only cost me £35 quid from ebay runnin wicked and brand new its £240 just shop around compare prices and if i see any i will keep u informed!! And also dont get any stuff from that pioneer shop coz he rips u off and wen something goes faulty he doesnt wanna know!!!

ps gd luck wiv tryin 2 get away wiv saturday lol

Mustang, S13, AX GT
Pete said:

it does if you're a novice, also means easier and a place to go back to should anything go wrong. hows progress anyways? you got the kit fitted in there yet?