ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My new intake (Pics)

ooh, sized the wrong way round.

Honestly, I cant even believe myself when I say my car is now running stupidly better, I think its the cold weather combined with intake. before intake even in cold weather it was tempramental at the best of times, now its just mental! smoother and consistently fast. I dont think shes ever been this fast. have recently had head done (gasket went) and replaced air temp sensor & coolant temp sensor but the difference was only noticable wityh the vent. Ive got a box aswell which isnt on yet which will mean that air can only be pulled from the intake, there is a spare intake which I[ve blanked off incase I suffocate it but cant seriously imagine any improvement because of the masive one already achieved.

If anyone wants one of these PM me.

Ill let you know on the effects of the sealed box.

:devilish: I love commuting! (not that i break the law of course)

thats right, just an intake, has 2 fixed nuts which fit into the original fog lamp holes, just bolt up the back. the air tube (2 parts which fit snugly over the original pipe, the pipe which goes up under the wheel arch needs cutting off) ends up under the IK which is currently not sealed but will be. It seems to keep the ambient temperature under ma bonnet down which used to be hot even in cold weather.

installing box in a minute.

Be careful when you seal it. Make sure the bore of the intake pipe is at very minimum the same size as the intake on the original airbox. If you are intending to seal the airbox up to the intake in your pictures, I think you will need a wider bore tube to get enough air to the engine at high revs.

ok, cheers. there are 2 intakes, both 60mm dia, I was going to connect one to the intake and either have the other 1 either: closed, or open as a breather, or open connected to some 60mm hose which would lead either strieght forward between radiator and body or down through the square blanking plate leading into the wheel arch cavity bit.

Im scared now:)

12 inch, your PM is full. depending on interest Im hopefully gonna get some more made up at discount and sell em on . I got your details and will be in touch.

yep i had mine up on stands as i was doing a coolant flush. you need to get the splash shield completely off so you can see what your doing properly which means wheel off ideally.

Clio Williams2

tried the box, it made a difference but took it off after a month or so.

Its impossible to accurately tell changes in performance without controlled tests i.e. rolling road but there was definately more low down power with the box. Without the box the 4.5k powerband was more noticable. Without the box the acceleration increases all the way to the rev limit, needing a well timed gear change. seems faster accel at high revs wout box but this might be due to the drastic change at 4.5k due to the more laggy bottom end.

So, as far as i can tell: with box - More constant accel - less lag low revs more accel high revs. Overall i reckon faster without box. (no whistle but sounded nicer me reckons, maybe a smoother engine feel with box too)

Intake is still in tho :)

BMW 320d Sport

Excellent work my man. I did have something like this a couple of years ago first going to a K&N induction kit, then to the factory airbox with a K&N element, then finally to a BMC CDA. Always worked a treat and never had any water ingress problems. The only thing was that even though I used a proper scoop, it looked like a bodge cos Im not exactly a dab hand with silicone sealant! But it definitely was a top idea and much more use than a foglight. Yours looks a lot neater, a proper job.

Daz.

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 200 RS EDC

Quote: Originally posted by Embro2002 on 26 February 2004

Thanks alot Nick :) Im from Blackpool chris.
ooo good come over to blackburn and fit one for me!