ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My New LY 230 F1 Team

LY R26 230 F1 Team
Following on from my other thread http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showthread.php?639691-My-New-Daily-Hack

I picked this cracker up on saturday, spent the day getting familiar with it and gave it its first proper wash today. It still had the plastic protector sticker stuff on things from new!

And crikey the bums dont half get dirty quick on these!!!

Anyway pics.... Pics arent the best as light was fading so just took them on the drive!

IMG_7137.jpg

IMG_7139.jpg

IMG_7140.jpg

IMG_7142.jpg

IMG_7153.jpg

IMG_7136.jpg

IMG_7151.jpg

IMG_7141.jpg

LY R26 230 F1 Team
Thanks everyone! I always wondered that too mate, must of been in the leftovers bin from the Clio options that no-one evert ticked. I like the trendlines though tbh.

And no I don't work for BT my old man does, all my detailing is done at 'home' home lol.

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
Lol the trend lines are still amazing :)

I can't get on the renaultsport site to check the heritage ATM but can someone explain when these were made from and till?

I thought the r26 was made in 2006 to mark Renault winning the gp
and the r27 was made in 2007 '' ''' ''

Whys that car 08 lol?

LY R26 230 F1 Team
Yeah Timmy, dealers had them on display in showrooms then registered them late or something? I looked at a 09LY but it was cat C lol.

Brian

ClioSport Admin
  LY 220 Trophy
It might be a gay/girls colour but I'd 100% get LY again. LY + R26 = brilliant choice :cool:

172 Cup
Such a lovely motor and yours looks a good example dude, how do you find it compared to the clio then?

LY R26 230 F1 Team
It might be a gay/girls colour but I'd 100% get LY again. LY + R26 = brilliant choice :cool:

Lol it's the right color. Thanks :)

Such a lovely motor and yours looks a good example dude, how do you find it compared to the clio then?

Yeah suprisingly well, getting an indicated 35mpg too at the min, so not too bad on juice either, although when you put your foot down boot becomes addictive!
Handling wise it's not as exciting as the clio but a lot more planted and the extra torque really makes a differance, I took some twisties on a national limit road as fast as I ever took the clio when she was fully modded up and I didnt feel like the meg was going to let go at any point.

Looks a nice car,nice chairs too.

Thank you sir, I much prefer them to the 172's seats.

LY R26 230 F1 Team
Cheers guys! It's virtually bankrupt me this month lol I wasn't expecting to buy a car, tax and insure it this month aswell as having 2 week long holidays and my GF's birthday... Been an expensive month!!!

LY R26 230 F1 Team
Hi guys, well it's been a while since I updated this thread but I attended the graffiti meet so thought I might aswell.
Updates along shortly.

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra VXR
I was thinking about these on the way to work today for some reason. Thing is, I don't actually like them all that much (just can't get over the rear end!) but... I still remember the first time I saw a Liquid Yellow one at Renault (I worked there) and thinking damn does thing have awesome road presence :)

All it needs now is some skirts and spoiler.

LY R26 230 F1 Team
Next up was some noise, I missed the noise of my old Yozza race but thought the DIY induction would suffice...
ITG.jpg

IMG_7813_zps764a4a9e.jpg

Time for some Mud flaps and engine bay tarting!
IMG_7798.jpg

IMG_8055_zps01a85796.jpg

The inevitable happend and an .r spoiler fell onto it...
3ee9d8c7-3ba5-48ca-a1e0-c98e5f24e7c3_zps53874f41.jpg

Short Shift
IMG-20130716-00094_zpscd01911e.jpg

One thing I'd always hated was the horrid cream rear view so out came the plasti-dip
2013-09-05192921_zpsb03331d8.jpg

2013-09-05195847_zpsd1295471.jpg

Number plates looked tired so got some UK legal pressed ones and made up some surrounds.
IMAG0019_zpsgbduqlns.jpg

IMAG0018_zpsynxspcn5.jpg

First track action at silverstone, got to say the meg was epic. My friends Supra struggled as I caught up with him from about 6 cars back.
IMG_81313_zps4add6bc4.jpg

My exhaust mounts had also seen better days as can be seen above... sured the new ones up with racing ties ;)
IMAG0420_zpsibmv85ob.jpg

Old vs New
IMAG0419_zpszdqsqm3e.jpg

Jumped on the band wagon and got a winner racing cooler
IMG_20140117_151857_zpso91p8rgd.jpg

Also got on the GB for RS tuning which brings me up to date ;)
FB_IMG_13923149346439104_zpskmlavgm3.jpg

IMAG0448_zps6u7gyfnx.jpg

Future plans involve banging some emails between myself and paul and hitting the magic 300/300 or as close as I can get!

LY R26 230 F1 Team
Cheers Mr brembo man. Only things that will change is light tints on the back, sticky tyres and some cooksport springs, maybe .r lights if a set pop up at the right price... Ad if your reading this are they 180 for the pair? Or 240?

LY Megane R26
What supporting mods witht he stage 1?
Did you fit that inter cooler or waiting for stage two with that?
Also where did you get the mud flaps from?

looking good!