ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My new Rolling Rd figures

@dazz

What I did when I had one was :

Do a head conversion, bigger valves, steep inlet, cams, chip, devil 5 inox exhaust and a K&N bolt on and you will have around 200 Bhp. You will have to upgrade the motorjoint otherwise the car keeps hitting out of second gear. I used the back motorjoint of the cupversion (1993)

Cheers

Had this on there from before Induction Kit / full powerflow exhaust / power boost value and chip.

Then just had

Full service:-

Oil, Oil Filter, Sump Washer, Fuel filter, Spark plugs, Alternator belt, Inspection of car, Top up all levels and lubricate / grease relevant parts, Gasflowed head / Cam / Chip package, Cambelt tensioner, Cambelt idler pulley, Water Pump, Engine/Gearbox mounts (all), Replacement Williams Gearbox, Synthetic Gear oil, Uprated Clutch Kit with soft pedal conversion, Front and back cross drilled disc and pads.

She will get her first 1/4 mile at York !!! Can’t wait!!!

The BBPT guys said that they are very impressed with my car it is running very good. They said that the car has very good torque and were not expecting such a high BHP output.

A total increase of about 20bhp but that whole car fills completely different from before it has got so much more power at low revs and is so much smoother when flooring it.

huh!?

almost 190bhp @ 6300rpm, not very peaky for the power!

Even the 172s peak after that with less power!

And 18 degrees!

Cant read the pressure it was corrected too either.

Looks like they could do something about that power curve too.

Sorry.......dont wanna be a downer, but JESUS thats alot from so little work.

Yes mate its time to set some new 1/4 mile times.

BenR = If you at York we can test the 172 against me willy if you like !!!!

about the temp mate, the car does get alot hotter now so thats why it could have been so hot or it to do with the weather.

Who what? huh? lol

I dont do drag strips.......waste of my money, time and clutches...haha

And i dont have a 172, unless anybody wants to lend me theirs! lol

I was pointing out that teh tested temp was so COLD!

Spesh since lately it has been stifling

@ben R

I agree with the low amount of Rpm, my old Willy 1 peaked that power at 7050 Rpm (approx. 190 something I thought it was 191 Bhp after correction)

cheers

My torque on my Standard Willie was given on the RR as

135lb-ft @ 5440rpm

Standard is supposed to be

129lb-ft @ 4500rpm

gazza

thats a mental power gain for head and cam work

boys at BB must know what there doing to get that sort of power

best from hill power is leighs 173 bhp forgot his torque figure

good work

Well, his works out to 20% tranny loss,

where as Leighs is only 13% tranny loss.....

Now, which one do you believe :confused: cos there will not be THAT big a variation.

hehe

sounds like maybe bb fettled the figures mate, but yh each car will have different trans loss but end of the day leigh does have more power @tw which is much more im portant

ICE'dberg MK2 172

When we were at BB for the RR day I seem to remember that the T/loss was around the 20% mark for everyone.... well mine was.

That’s something that we can test at the next RR day put both on the rollers and see what happens. I dont believe that BBPT would have fettled the results so cant explain why its so diff. did Leigh get his done at BBPT and did he get it RR at BBPT. It could be a difference in rollers. I think Leigh got his done a Hill Power ??????.

gazza

leighs car was done by hillpower but he has only ever RR it once and that was at the cliosport RR shoot out at BB tunning his was one of the highest of the day

So both cars have been on the same rollers so this should be fair. But not sure why the readings are so different then? Will have a chat with Leigh next time I see him and see what he thinks. Properly test both again on the same rollers just to make sure.