ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My next track session - Classic and Sports car day

53 Clio's & counting
T'was the Classic and sports car day at Castle Combe today - My session was at 10, here is the vid:

[video=youtube;1-VB1q-cYKQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1-VB1q-cYKQ[/video]

Happier with my lines this time round, no where near perfect but better than last time :lol also a lot less ham fisted!

Bit annoyed I was held up so much, it seemed a lot of more powerfull cars didn't want to let me pass :mad:

and even more so that my camera battery went flat as I cleared the field - I had a good 3 laps by myself!

Also some random pics from the day:

2011-06-11113639.jpg

2011-06-11113631.jpg

2011-06-11113643.jpg

2011-06-11123507.jpg

2011-06-11123518.jpg

2011-06-11125009.jpg

2011-06-11125042.jpg

2011-06-11125505.jpg

2011-06-11130233.jpg

2011-06-11130347.jpg

2011-06-11130457.jpg

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Ha! At the start of the vid, thats my old Evo! :D

Got 480hp now.

53 Clio's & counting
Bear in mind thats only my 2nd time out on track in it, im starting to feel more comfortable with it - read as I have a bit of a better understanding what it does near the limit now lol :)

Any idea what happened around 11ish? Track closed for ages over near Bobbies and from a very long way away it looked like the Black Ph1 was involved somehow?

Annoyingly I spent 10:00-10:30 in the paddock, so no shots of your car on track. Pretty quiet day though, I was extremely bored and pretty much alone out around parts of the circuit!

53 Clio's & counting
Any idea what happened around 11ish? Track closed for ages over near Bobbies and from a very long way away it looked like the Black Ph1 was involved somehow?

Annoyingly I spent 10:00-10:30 in the paddock, so no shots of your car on track. Pretty quiet day though, I was extremely bored and pretty much alone out around parts of the circuit!

Ah that explains it - I didn't know there was a problem mate, but I saw a black ph1 lining up to go out (memories lol) and it drove past my club stand a little while later with most of the drivers side caved in :( front wing, drivers door and bumper edge were toast.

It was a quiet day - I think the weather report was not looking good so probably scared a few people off mate.

Did you get any other good pics? :)

The Yellow Meggy was fun though, is it standard? Could not believe how quick it was, wouldn't have seemed out of place in a race series.

53 Clio's & counting
Ah thats a friend, Martin is a bloody quick driver - it had some near slicks on, DS2500's, and I 'think' it has a chip - im sure I remember it being about 240bhp

None :(
Really enjoyed myself yesterday, weather was good, bit of sun burn on the old neck but it's all good!!!

Managed to stay alive and car is still working :cool:

Below is a short clip when i was behind Russ before he went on his way ;)

Last edited by a moderator:

Jamie86

ClioSport Club Member
  RS175,595,205gti,172
Like you said Russ looks like you certainly know the car better this time and adapted your driving to suit the car ;)

Unfortunately I missed out on my 4 sessions I had booked as forgot I had my little girl for the day oops :eek: (think she is a little young at 1year to be dragged to combe yet lol)

53 Clio's & counting
Love the video clip mate!

Cheers Jamie, too many years of man handling the Clio lol, I feel alot better now iv adjusted.

53 Clio's & counting
In car footage of the triumph who I had a good few laps with, you see me from about half way thorugh the vid

Last edited by a moderator: