ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My Retirement as CS Events Manager

Been awhile since I met you at the first donny south a few years ago :)

Good luck for the future and still a nice choice of colour for the clio ;)

Little Newms

ClioSport Club Member
  182, D2 Td5 & 840CI

Bye bye nick :(

Ill try and make missy move closer to buying that turbo of you.... you and i know who she is ;)

All the best in the future mate

MKIII 138

your an inspiration we should have the founders of cliosport on the main page in a "whos Who" section with some nice comments on your/their support so the hard work isnt lost as time goes on.

good luck.

CLIO WILLIAMS #0215

not being one to normally post on here but many thanks nick for the special comment about the Williamsclio club! enjoy your retirement mate!

Megane 225 baby! :)

Hope you enjoy getting ur life back, you wont know what to do with all that spare time now! ;)

Sawa :D

A silver Honda

Ive never met you but you come across on the forum as a top bloke, always helping out peeps out with reliable tech info.

Take it easy Nick, all the best.

Massey6465 & saxo1.1

Thanks for all the effort you have put in..........now go & take it easy:)

All the best.

V6 255, 172's, JCW,

Hey Nick.. thanks for all the hard work organising all those events fella. Shame to see another founder member stepping down..... but hey... i guess thats life.. people move on. Very best wishes for the future to you and the mrs!!

Thanks again!!

Shaun

BMW 320d Sport

Just logging back on briefly - got a house full of boxes and assorted crap to sort out, which will probably take the next week or two. But many thanks for all the comments, its really appreciated.

Im pretty sure I recognise everyone whos posted, either by their forum name or in person.

A special old school response must go to Ben H - nice one Ben, we were all amazed when you turned up from Scotland on one of those early Southend meets! But respect goes to all the old schoolers, and Im not just talking about admin here, but all those who have been with us for the last few years and supported the meets and the forum, turned up at the shows, even if we looked a bit insignificant as a club at first! Everyone has to start somewhere.

There is only one Cliosport mystery that remains unsolved. Whatever happened to Dave Goodyear? Most others whove moved onto other things, I still know what theyre up to...

Dont feel left out if youre new to Cliosport or you werent in at the very beginning. Youre the members who are keeping the club alive and well, and we cant do without you! Keep up the good work.

172, Tiguan

All the best Nick, nice to meet you both finally at Easter!

Dont dissapear off completly though!

Cheers for all your hard work,

Jon

Renault Laguna Coupe

Dave Goodyear? I remember he turned up at York Dragway a while back - hed forgotten his driving licence so he borrowed Vals to sign on with. Somehow he got away with it! I think his handle was OutKa5t?

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8

cya nick, spoke to u a fair bit on here but never really in real life lol, said hello at fcs but dont think u knew who i was lol, its a shame to see u go, hope u pop in from time to time, i remember you from way back when i joined, can remember seeing pics of your car in the original colour with your 18s lol and finding out you were a school teacher lol, was like WTF how cool is that lol ...

good to see in the past year or so u tried your hardest to bring cliosport and rtoc closer together... and i hope you can make an appearance at the rtoc nationals with some cliosport people.

bye for now, make sure u pop in every now and then :D

Good luck for the future Nick.
I spoke too you briefly at FCS also but I dont think you knew who I was either. lol.
Anyway thanks for all your hard work and take it easy. :D

Pug 306 GTi-6

good luck and all the best Nick

FCS was a gr8 site as you said, im fairly new here but realise the effort u and the rest of the staff put in.

*waves*

ExigeV6|Q5|DS3|Fiat

The first email i sent was to yourself Nick at Nick Reads Clio 16v Site back in 2000 asking:

"I have a Clio 16v and want to test it out properly up the 1/4 mile, can you help out?

Your response in short was Join Cliosport lol

Many thanks, all the best

Aaron

Lionel Richie

HAHA, Nick aka Essex wideboy diamond geeza (living in Norfolk!)

Ill never forget towing the clio turbo from the ring back to the hotel, slowest car pulling the fastest lol!!!

and that first southend meet years ago, when BenH drove 7hours to get there!!!

First proper time i spoke to Nick was in Whimpy in Southend LOL

Nice one fella, remember to use the clutch

See ya soon, FRED

BMW 320d Sport

Yeah, the memories come flooding back, the Southend Wimpys, my Clio 16v mini website - ended up teaching myself HTML so I could code it, but the weird thing is about Fred: it was only at FCS that I saw your hair LOL Im sure youve had that same hat on for several years now!

Oh and a big sorry to everyone who wasnt sure whether I knew who I was talking to if I met you at an event. I do try and talk to people and I probably recognise hundreds of your faces from the different events, but I really have trouble with remembering names until Ive met someone at least half a dozen times! And when their real name is Bob but their forum name is Nob_Jockey$Clio Master it kind of gets tricky to remember whos who!

williams and trophy

well.......iv not done this for a while...

good luck in the future mate, was always a pleasure ;)

donny 2002/3 .....ah the vids lol

york/pod.........plenty good battles there

me posting on here again..........after id said i wouldnt..must b summat special lol

take it easy fella

190 BHP Willy 2

All the best Nick. Good luck with the move.

Im sure well see you soon, driving a williams maybe ;)

Nick,

Been a *long* time since I was on this forum - not sure Im qualify as quite the original Cliosport crew but I do remember coming to a few Southend meets with Leigh, Ben H and co, a rolling road (pics in the gallery) and the first CS apperance at Donny South. Its been fun and Im sorry I never got to see your Turbo after all the talk of getting it done...

All the best in the future!

Oli M (ex. Williams 2)

P.S Luke B with the 2 x 15 subs (no back seat) says hello!

BMW 320d Sport

Oli, yes mate those were the days. So youre driving around in an S2000 now? Cheers for coming on just for me, I appreciate it!

car? need a license 1st!

Nick,

Sorry to hear youre leavin mate, wish u and the Mrs all the best! Was good to meet u at FCS this year and have a chat. Shame u were parked next to me, your car didnt get the attention it deserved because of it :p:oops:

anyways mate, enjoy life! Dont become a stranger! :D