ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My sky hd is no longer in hd?

Status
Not open for further replies.
  Scirocco 2.0 tsi
Any suggestions?

I have the HD pack etc and it worked last weekend but now none of the HD channels are HD anymore.

The HDMI cable is all plugged in correctly.

AK

M240i
In the settings menu, check the video output is set to 1080p, else it will not be HD!

what a pointless first 2 posts, If he wanted to ring sky he wouldnt have bothered asking on here would he?!

How are people who don't work for Sky going to know why he isn't getting HD anymore?

Scirocco 2.0 tsi
Well I don't know if there are settings or cables pr whatever its not my Sky. All i know is it needs the hdmi cable

Scirocco 2.0 tsi
Well its not the account as we have the HD pack. My cat s**t behind the tv the other day and think its been from moving it about then or the cat pressing buttons on remote/box n changing something. She does that alot

Scirocco 2.0 tsi
I know but f1 isnt in hd, city game the other night wasnt in hd, none of the hd channels show in hd.

In the settings I go to network and then it says local connection fail and service connection fail. Is that an issue?

AB182, Audi A5 3.0
They're 100% accurate posts.

Sky will tell him if there's a problem with his account. Nobody on CS can.

He didnt say he isnt getting the channels, Just that its not showing in HD on his tv! So its obviously a settings problem on the box or a cable issue, no need to call sky for that!

Scirocco 2.0 tsi
Simply because I hate ringing customer services and sitting on hold or talking to india etc. Sounds like ill have to ring but thought it was worth an ask incase there was something simple to check that i didn't know about.

AB182, Audi A5 3.0
There is an option to display what is and what isnt. (comes up orange if its source was/is HD)

Id ring sky.

Thats only if you tune to a non-hd channel thats showing a program in HD on another channel (i.e. itv > itvHD). If he tunes directly to a HD channel via the guide (go to the HD section), for example turn on bbc1 HD, and if there is not a HD single being seen by the TV then the HDMI is damaged or the box is not outputing HD (which need to be changed in the settings menu)

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
There is an option to display what is and what isnt. (comes up orange if its source was/is HD)

Thats only if you tune to a non-hd channel thats showing a program in HD on another channel (i.e. itv > itvHD). If he tunes directly to a HD channel via the guide (go to the HD section), for example turn on bbc1 HD, and if there is not a HD single being seen by the TV then the HDMI is damaged or the box is not outputing HD (which need to be changed in the settings menu)

Are you 100% sure about that?

I worked it out now. Someone had changed the source on the tv to something else other than HDMI.

So you have a scart and or another connection from your box to the TV. Why?

Status
Not open for further replies.