ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My Type R

Im confused about where to post. Is 'other marques' a section for other Renaults apart from the Clio and thus my car would not be welcome or should i be posting in 'General Automotive and Motorsport'?

:S :S :S

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
You can never go wrong with a Honda.

From the customer service to the build quality theres nothing out there to match it.

I will definatley be considering these when change comes!

Tay

Titanium Clio 182
Like that allot, colour & spec is bang on imo !

What are the tuning options with CTR's I imagine there is shed loads right ?

Would really like one of these or an LCR, never had chance to drive either yet! ; )

Sounds like your happy with your choice mate.

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
Tuning-wise, there's a ridiculous amount you can do to them.

A prime example being TDi North's car. It's running just over 1000bhp using a K24 (2.4L Accord engine) with Type R head, various other high-spec bits and a turbo. Standard car uses a K20.

It's the same shape Civic as this fellas too, EP3.

IMO, Spoon are the daddies for any Honda. Spoon make me cream. :approve:

Last edited:

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
Don't really rate them tbh! I prefer the JDM one if i was to choose.

They take effort to drive, V-tec produced no power below 6k...Not my idea of fun tbh.

Can't fault the colour or the build over the reno's

Enjoy.

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
Tuning-wise, there's a ridiculous amount you can do to them.

A prime example being TDi North's car. It's running just over 1000bhp using a K24 (2.4L Accord engine) with Type R head, various other high-spec bits and a turbo. Standard car uses a K20.

It's the same shape Civic as this fellas too, EP3.

IMO, Spoon are the daddies for any Honda. Spoon make me cream. :approve:

Pisch! Overpriced crap! Look at stoddie's for top end parts.

Tay

Titanium Clio 182
Ah Chris, knew you could enlighten me with this kind of stuff mate :)

I only know very little on these japanese creations & all this JDM stuff!

I have heard an awesome sounding civic on the rollers a while back but god knows what had been done to it, easily over 250bhp made me want one though lol!

Can imagine lots of money getting spunked on them though!

Ah Chris, knew you could enlighten me with this kind of stuff mate :)

I only know very little on these japanese creations & all this JDM stuff!

I have heard an awesome sounding civic on the rollers a while back but god knows what had been done to it, easily over 250bhp made me want one though lol!

Can imagine lots of money getting spunked on them though!

JDM = Japanese Dolly Mixtures

Some people add a couple to the fuel every now and again. It has a kind of "NOS effect" but most dont risk it.

Tangoed Works
I have heard from an ex dc5 owner that the lsd is too agressive for uk roads. easily locks up and can take you tighter than you need to when going round roundabouts and hitting bumpy patches mid way.

on the track is where it rules the roost though... no question

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
Excellent. In Jan when getting rid of my 182 it was a toss up between a facelift CTR in Cosmic Grey or possibly Milano Red or 197. Plumbed for the 197 in the end. CTR's had its day, and are far too common round here. I wanted something more interesting and fresh looking :) Lovely example though

20vt Fiat Coupe(182 Sold)
Nice looking car. I like the look of that shape of Type R alot. Considered one, couldnt afford the insurance:( Happy motoring.

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
I have heard from an ex dc5 owner that the lsd is too agressive for uk roads. easily locks up and can take you tighter than you need to when going round roundabouts and hitting bumpy patches mid way.

on the track is where it rules the roost though... no question

It's no more aggressive than those on previous UK Type R's really.

If it's got an aftermarket diff, now they can be a bit scary on a B road... ask Jo3y on here. I've been in his car and you can feel it under hard loads. It's a Cusco diff in his, and it's pretty aggressive! :evil:

W

Willy

Lovely Motor! :)

Your Type R vs Ford ST3 - what you reckon the outcome would be? My buddy has the ST and is having a lil cruise with his other mate in the type r later.

Octavia VRS
Lovely Motor! :)

Your Type R vs Ford ST3 - what you reckon the outcome would be? My buddy has the ST and is having a lil cruise with his other mate in the type r later.

There isn't that much in it tbh. Focus pulls slightly. I had a wee duel with my mate in his ST when I had my EP3