ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My work battle tank

Bluebeard

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
I've had this ages (for me) so thought I'd stick some pictures up after a quick wash and Hoover after work tonight.

176,000 miles and looks/drives like it's done 20,000 miles. It's bloody lovely.

It's the older straight 6 engine and 5 speed auto as opposed to the newer V6 and 7 speed, but with 204bhp and s**t loads of torque, it's more than adequate for me to run to work and back.
Its getting sorn'd at the end of the month as the suns out so the Subaru can come back out until the cold weather comes back.
(I only bought this for winter. Heated seats!)

Anyway, here's some very lame pics;

c3fc6b9882c87878477a0bb78b1abbbc.jpg

e91d8c60f1e99a13949359a45f4ffa82.jpg

7fa545c007a2ca8bb8c4bff2b0940ac3.jpg

3722c1922c88e59bd3d40fb93e96dd5a.jpg

fe6a49077d30b4cf442d97b4e0a12a44.jpg

ed59c0e3a14dfa6da83c7dccf552aa75.jpg

20fac5672a874a6136bd96c867a02962.jpg

801f272cdbc8b0e3880ab4a5d13dae8e.jpg

98003129c0e5d4f00278cff5e93daf88.jpg
57800f62a25c1370bbe89bbc27c48b89.jpg

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
Really like these. Even more so the sports with the nice 18's. Yours looks very clean and there's no finer cruiser for the money imo. I want auto for my commute.

It's about time the coupe came out.....

Bluebeard

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Really like these. Even more so the sports with the nice 18's. Yours looks very clean and there's no finer cruiser for the money imo. I want auto for my commute.

The Coupe is going nowhere!

I was on the hunt for the 18's but every man and his dog has complained that they are made of cheese and buckle/split really easily so I decided against it. The do look so much better on them though.

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
The Coupe is going nowhere!

I was on the hunt for the 18's but every man and his dog has complained that they are made of cheese and buckle/split really easily so I decided against it. The do look so much better on them though.
Better than an isa that's for sure!

Oh and that's the same with most oem wheels now! Lol

Marc.

ClioSport Club Member

I don't think I'll ever own a manual car again, tbh. My wife won't have anything else, but for me, Auto > Manual

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Lovely thing! The owners loved a silver Merc. 99% Asian taxi owner I suppose!

Are they worth much Dan?

Bluebeard

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Nice Dan, does yours have the airmatic suspension?
No mate. It was an option on this model but standard on the estates.

Great little work bus.
I hope it doesn't break.
They're bullet proof. On the Merc club I'm on, there's plenty on there with 300k+. Mines barely run in!

Lovely thing! The owners loved a silver Merc. 99% Asian taxi owner I suppose!

Are they worth much Dan?
This age and mileage are around £2500-£3000.
He was a honky the bloke that had it before. Just commuted a long way! Lol

I was just going to ask that...what does this owe you @Daniel?
Less than £2000.
By the time I service it and re-mot it for resale (if I ever sell it, I have a habit of collecting them rather than selling them) I'll put it up for £2750 and be happy with £2500. I've had it since November. And in October the previous owner put it through a full service, two new michelins and an MOT. Lunatic.

Crybert

ClioSport Club Member
  Cup 172
Really like that. Nothing better than a cheap mile muncher. What are the equivalent petrols like for reliability?

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
Yesssssssssss! All for the stupid automatic daily driver gang, especially those that are diesel but not very economical.

Nice gold ring btw, Del Boy.

Bluebeard

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Really like that. Nothing better than a cheap mile muncher. What are the equivalent petrols like for reliability?
Just as good. I had a 320 petrol before this (borrowed off a friend, same spec and colour too!) and the mpg was more or less the same. But I did drive it like a granny as it wasn't mine and we agreed on a bend it/buy it deal.

Bluebeard

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Looking at these now. What sort of mpg would you get on a run? Are the 5 speeders more reliable than the 7g?
They're all reliable mate. I only bought this as it was a cheap px that came in at work.

On a recent trip to Exeter it did 30mpg on thevway down. (90mph, 4 blokes, luggage and beer)

On the way back we were incredibly hungover so I was doing 65-70 and had no beer in the boot, it was reading 47mpg.

Around town and stuck in traffic it's crap but what car isn't.

Fiesta ST-2 Finsport
They're all reliable mate. I only bought this as it was a cheap px that came in at work.

On a recent trip to Exeter it did 30mpg on thevway down. (90mph, 4 blokes, luggage and beer)

On the way back we were incredibly hungover so I was doing 65-70 and had no beer in the boot, it was reading 47mpg.

Around town and stuck in traffic it's crap but what car isn't.

Sounds good, same sort of money as the fabia VRS and you can have this. In full Allan's snack bar spec.

Bluebeard

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Sounds good, same sort of money as the fabia VRS and you can have this. In full Allan's snack bar spec.
My car before this was a Fabia VRS actually! Lol

I wouldn't do a track day in this like I did in the Fabia though...

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4
They do rust, mine is starting on the inner rear arches and I've seen an 07 E63 with it pretty bad. The I6 is more economical than the V6 but the 5G gearbox can suffer the oil cooler radiator leaking into the gearbox oil effectively writing it off. Not had any issues with the 18"s on my Sport at 76k. They remap well, mine is 370lbft and goes really well.

Last edited:

Bluebeard

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
They do rust, mine is starting on the inner rear arches and I've seen an 07 E63 with it pretty bad. The I6 is more economical than the V6 but the 5G gearbox can suffer the oil cooler radiator leaking into the gearbox oil effectively writing it off. Not had any issues with the 18"s on my Sport at 76k. They remap well, mine is 370lbft and goes really well.
Your rust is very uncommon though no?
Mine is on 176k and still on original paint on every panel and there is not one spot of it anywhere.

With regards to the wheels, I put a wanted ad up on the Merc Facebook page and they all told me to steer clear. Maybe it's just exaggerated on the internet though. Like doing 72,001 miles in a clio without changing the cambelt?? Lol

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4
I'm not sure on the rust tbh, mine has it and I have seen others with the same but couldn't say whether it is common or not, mine has been garaged and kept clean the majority of its life too. I know cracking is common on the C63 19"s and have seen the same on the 18" Sport wheels but didn't think it was that common.

Bluebeard

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Does anyone want to buy this?? Lol

I've just been offered my old car back and I have no need for 4 daily's...

I will sell it very cheap to a CS member!