ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My XDP-4000x

350z & 16v Maxi

Well basically you run an optical cable from the HU through the car to this unit (so no RCAs), you can then set up crossover point for each of the 4 8v preouts, after that you have a 20 band panoramic eq which you can set up. There are 10 memory presets each for the eq and the crossover and they can be selected from the HU and a specific CD can be programmed to play with a certain memory of EQ and crossover. All these settings are done buy plugging a laptop into the unit. Now the digital to analogue conversion is done by the crystal quad 24bit DACs. This all gives extremely good sound quality.

bloody hell!! how much do bits of kit like that cost?

and what have you got in your ice set-up? do you enter competitions?

350z & 16v Maxi

Thinking about competing but not sure yet.

I have a Sony HU and this XDP-4000x. I have a Caliber competition pro digital mono block amp for my 2 12" Polk Momo subs and a 4 channel competition pro Caliber amp running my Polk Momo components active.

looks pretty col,

i was privleiged enough to sit in the JL/phoenix AUDI A4 today, especially with the two 10" W7s in

Tom

350z & 16v Maxi

Yea i am very impressed with my 4000x, i now have a source that will rival the best and it didnt cost me a fortune either. Ill just need to get it in and see how it sounds.

Yea the A4 is nice, is it still the same as last year. I had a listen to it when it had the W6s in it and then the W7s, how good did it sound. Only thing when i listened to the W7s it had just been finished and when the boot was open all the perspex rattled like nothing else but in the car it was so good.

Clio Williams 1, 182,197

Colin

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm MMMMMMMMMMMMM

Thats what wet dreams are made off !! Oh sorry maybe that too much information for most of you non ice heads !!

I want one !!

350z & 16v Maxi

Totally agree Leigh. That is the best piece of ICE ive bought and ive got Polk Momo speakers and subs