ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

my z4 now on PH - again

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
Trader Rating - 100%
14   0   0
  Whichever has fuel
Just my opinion,

But £6000 for a car with a ''DRIFTED'' sticker on the back and a door that doesn't open??

IT will take you 10 minutes to sort those problems and the car will be much more sellable.

Trader Rating - 100%
23   0   0
  AMV8, Mk1 Golf
i cant fix the door so it doesnt do it again, every time i try i slice my arm to peices and lose my temper so it would probably end up with a smashed windscreen lol, and the slickers arnt on it anymore but i cant take any more pics as its now in storage uninsured. it is also the cheapest z4 on PH because i know it isnt prefect

Trader Rating - 96.7%
29   1   0
  RS6 C7
I wouldn't buy a BM off someone with a drifted sticker on the back either lol. Remove them and it will look a lot better to buyers. Nice pictures though.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
Trader Rating - 100%
14   0   0
  Whichever has fuel
i cant fix the door so it doesnt do it again, every time i try i slice my arm to peices and lose my temper so it would probably end up with a smashed windscreen lol, and the slickers arnt on it anymore but i cant take any more pics as its now in storage uninsured. it is also the cheapest z4 on PH because i know it isnt prefect

Fair enough with the door, didn't realise it was that big a job.

Maybe just remove the picture of the rear of the car?

Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
  White clique
i'd remove the back shot altogether then, one with roof up and 1 with roof down is better than an extra one sticker bombed.

Trader Rating - 100%
10   0   0
  Ph1 ITB'd 172
I wouldn't buy a BM off someone with a drifted sticker on the back either lol. Remove them and it will look a lot better to buyers. Nice pictures though.

Agreed... Just photoshop it out if you can't take more pictures.

Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
  White clique
also change ajust to adjust and disks to discs. I also woulds state that its been up for sale and you haven't gone through with it, as it A) makes you sound like you might pull the plug on the sale , and B) make it sound like others have looked at it and decided against it. Its a bit of a negative message.

Trader Rating - 100%
23   0   0
  AMV8, Mk1 Golf
i know but its pretty much been on PH for the last year, i feel i should give some explanation as to why, it would put me off if id seen a car up for ages and it still hadnt sold with no explanation

Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
  White clique
i know but its pretty much been on PH for the last year, i feel i should give some explanation as to why, it would put me off if id seen a car up for ages and it still hadnt sold with no explanation

which is fine, but new buyers wont care. Anyone who has seen your car on PH for the last year isnt going to buy it anyway or else they would have done by now, you want to appeal to new buyers who have never seen your advert before, and they wont need to know you've had it up for sale and the sale hasnt gone through.

Trader Rating - 100%
23   0   0
  AMV8, Mk1 Golf
which is fine, but new buyers wont care. Anyone who has seen your car on PH for the last year isnt going to buy it anyway or else they would have done by now, you want to appeal to new buyers who have never seen your advert before, and they wont need to know you've had it up for sale and the sale hasnt gone through.

gotcha, edited it now.. thanks guys... i hate sellimg cars.. i hope the 182 will sell its self and the golf ill never sell haha

Trader Rating - 100%
10   0   0
  Ph1 ITB'd 172
Another couple of points - please don't take these to heart:

- Capital letters at the start of new lines/sentences and full stops at the end.
- Details of service history - Date / Mileage / Garage (maybe add a photo of the service history/receipts spread out)
- 'MOT expires in oct2012' - re-type that and the tax! MOT'd until XX October 2012 - I would give the specific date as it shows attention to detail.
- Whats the body work like - if its amazing say so.
- Wheels - condition, kerbing? etc. etc.
- Interior condition?

Putting in an extra hour or two writing a very detailed description can be the difference between a sale now for near the asking price or a sale in 2-3 months for £1k less.

Surely your time is worth £100 an hour! I put in as much time as possible when selling my car, and it does help! I don't ever have trouble selling a car and its usually to the first viewer as I describe them in great detail and price them right.

Hope this helps...

Trader Rating - 100%
16   0   0
  fiesta 1.25
Yeh they've changed. Maybe not mention the door unroll people ring, obviously tell them before they get there but you can at least get talking to people.

Also private plate would put me off. You've just said it will be sold without but has it actually been done or still in the process?

Trader Rating - 100%
23   0   0
  AMV8, Mk1 Golf
Can register a new owner n take the plate off at the same time so was just going to do it as I sell it. Always done that way before. I don't think people buying a z4 would be out off by that as most z4s have private plates

Trader Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Looks a lot better, but the wording is still a little awkward,

For example:

MOT expires in oct2012
tax untill may2012

Should be:

- MOT expires in October 2012
-Taxed until May 2012

See how it looks a lot cleaner?

Even put the dates if need be, as Pete has said, include correct punctuation, capital letters where they should be... simple stuff that makes a big differance.

Trader Rating - 100%
23   0   0
  AMV8, Mk1 Golf
For sale is my 3.0i manual z4, i have owned the car almost 2 years and it has been a joy over all that time. The mk1 golf i have spend 3 years building is now complete and my clio 182 is my daily car so i really have no need for the Z4 and it has spent the last month sat in my garage which is such a shame.

She really is a stunner and i will be so sad to see it go

Mileage - 99k
Full service histoy :

17/08/04 - 17021
12/10/05 - 26202
25/10/06 - 38311
07/12/07 - 51678
02/01/08 - 66100
10/02/10 - 79964
06/04/11 - 93612

Next service due in roughly 11k.

MOT expires 17th October 2012
Tax expires 30th April 2012

As a result of an advisory on the last MOT the car has had new braided brake lines fitted.

2 rear new tyres in the last 5k

Recent new brake pads and discs all round.

The car is overall in fantastic condition, the interior is immaculate black leather with carbon inserts and brushed aliuminum dash plate, The exterior paintwook is very good, and mechanically the car is sound.

Any questions just ask

the private plate will be removed before sale

Trader Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Sorry, it hasn't changed then?! Or it hadn't when I looked?? But it was different to the first time I saw it?! :S

In which case yeah, the new one looks a million times better.

Oddly enough peoples advice to not tell people about the door I wouldn't take. I prefer that the buyer knows absolutely everything about the car first. If someone arrives with the idea of a lovely car and finds it has faults that were not described in the advert, some people will be left with a negative feeling of disappointment, and that's what they will remember.

If they know what to expect, including all faults then when they see it they will think, wow what a lovely car, even despite the minor faults.

It does look in great condition from the photos, so it should sell

Trader Rating - 100%
23   0   0
  AMV8, Mk1 Golf
The car is overall in fantastic condition with only a minor fault on the passenger doors outer door handle as the cable has stretched and it can be difficult to open from the outside, this doesnt effect opening from the interor handle. The interior is immaculate black leather with carbon inserts and brushed aliuminum dash plate, The exterior paintwook is very good, and mechanically the car is sound.

changed that to that now as i do agree.
right need to stop changing it now i think haha

Trader Rating - 100%
10   0   0
  Ph1 ITB'd 172
Much better! That service history list is much more impressive that just saying Full Service History!

The condition description is good!

What about number of previous owners? The lack of it would lead me to think there have been a lot? Please don't tell me its really low like 1 or 2 and you haven't listed it!

I think with the new changes you should get more serious interest in it.

Let us know how you get on.

Trader Rating - 100%
23   0   0
  AMV8, Mk1 Golf
4 previous owners, which for a car tahts 9 years old isnt bad.

im the 2nd owner or my 182 which is insane to me lol

Trader Rating - 100%
17   0   0
  Mini Cooper S
Touched it all up for you, when buying a BMW I'd expect 99% perfect grammar.

For sale is my 3.0i manual BMW Z4, I have owned the car for almost 2 years and it has been a joy over all that time.

She really is a stunner and I will be so sad to see it go.

Mileage - 99k
MOT - October 2012
Tax - April 2012
Full service history:

17/08/04 - 17021
12/10/05 - 26202
25/10/06 - 38311
07/12/07 - 51678
02/01/08 - 66100
10/02/10 - 79964
06/04/11 - 93612

Next service due in 11,000 miles

The car has recently had 2 new rear tyres and a complete brake overhaul with new discs, pads and hoses all round.

The car is in fantastic condition, the interior is immaculate - black leather with carbon inserts and brushed aliuminum dash plate. The exterior paintwork is very good, and mechanically the car is sound.

Please feel free to ring or email for any further enquiries/information.

The private plate will be removed before sale.

Last edited:

welshname

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can register a new owner n take the plate off at the same time so was just going to do it as I sell it. Always done that way before. I don't think people buying a z4 would be out off by that as most z4s have private plates

I had to wait 2/3 weeks to go and buy the car I wanted because the seller waited till the last minute to change the plates over, he'd always been able to do it there and then at the DVLA office but this time they had to send everything away for the transfer.

Just something you might want to be careful of.

Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
  Z4
For sale is my 3.0i manual z4, I've owned the car almost 2 years and it has been a joy over all that time.

For the past 3 years I've been building a mk1 golf project that has now been completed, I now own a clio 182 for daily use which leaves the Z4 unused! It really is a great shame to see my pride and joy gathering dust, hence the sale.

The car genuinely is stunning, it will be missed.

Mileage - 99k
Full service histoy :

17/08/04 - 17021
12/10/05 - 26202
25/10/06 - 38311
07/12/07 - 51678
02/01/08 - 66100
10/02/10 - 79964
06/04/11 - 93612

Next service due in roughly 11k.

MOT expires 17th October 2012
Tax expires 30th April 2012

As a result of an advisory on the last MOT the car has had new braided brake lines fitted.

2 rear new tyres in the last 5k (if they're a good brand mention them/cost)

Recent new brake pads and discs all round.

The car is overall in fantastic condition; the interior has immaculate black leather with carbon inserts and brushed aliuminum dash plate, the exterior paintwook is very good, and mechanically the car is sound.

Any questions just ask

the private plate will be removed before sale

Nearly! I've edited it for you. Not essential changes but again, tidies it up a little.

Trader Rating - 100%
10   0   0
  Ph1 ITB'd 172
Yea I was going to suggest removing all the crap (no offence) about what other cars you have and what not.

Trader Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Disagree, don't list price as it brings it home to potential new owner how much tyres are. Avoid cost listing as to me it makes the car look like it has cost you a lot.

Just say it has never wanted for anything, and has always been serviced maintained to the highest standard.

Its all about perception, if you're honest it comes across well, as does good grammar/spelling, and making the car look like a great next car for someone is very important.

Previous owners shouldn't put people off, it's something that should only be worried about if it's had 10 in 7 years or something daft!

Trader Rating - 100%
23   0   0
  AMV8, Mk1 Golf
right no more editing haha.. i think that should be spot on now. just sit back and wait.. and try n get the plate off

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
Trader Rating - 100%
9   0   0
RE: The plate - get it on retention now. No point waiting, someone might come along with a bag of cash tomorrow but if you got to wait a fortnight to get the plates changed over and they walk away, you're stuffed.

:evil:

Trader Rating - 100%
23   0   0
  AMV8, Mk1 Golf
really well... i honestly love it so much more car than the 182, but with the golf done, i need a nice good diesel.

the fact ive had it 2 years should say something i usually keep my cars 6 months max..

Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
  Z4
They're good cars, I wouldn't mind one at some point!

Advert will do nicely now Laura, if it doesn't get any interest it will be more down to the market than anything else. Took about a month for me to get any serious phone calls/texts on the M3, the first guy that saw it bought it in a heartbeat! Buyers market, especially on that mileage, I wouldn't drop the price too much come haggling time as it's priced fairly.

Trader Rating - 100%
23   0   0
  AMV8, Mk1 Golf
yeah, i could really do with it going soonish, its just sat there doing nothing, and its ever so tempting to drive that and put the 182 away. BUt i have to be sensible.. 3 cars is too much for one person.. i need money back in my account and to have 6k just sat there doing nothing.. i think its very faily priced, who ever buys it will be getting a great machine for imo little money.