ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

N.E. / Yorkshire Rolling Road day Results

182cup/D40/Hornet
  "Navy" N17 TWO
Nicely done the way you have a clip of each car :)

**reminds self to learn how to upload videos to youtube** lol :eek:

a thirsty one
some great results there, the r5 owned by jamesf must be quite a handfull on the road very impressive.

even the 182's did well, were they modded in any way?

Focus ST
The trophy has an exhaust system that was done at motorscope and an open induction i think (186.9bhp)

Keb's black 182 had a system and filter i think (185.5bhp iirc)

My 172 cup has remap and AAT exhaust (182.3bhp) - 3rd run was 183.2bhp :S

182cup/D40/Hornet
Open I/K,sports cat,janspeed but blowing from cat>cat back!
Must get it sorted far too loud for my old delicate ears!;)

H&R + Pole Position'd Cup
The ph1 172 only made 162 so maybe it isn't

@Tupps - It's an AAS exhaust :D

B/G 182 + PH1 Track
Maybe it's fixed?

Mine has RStuning remap and Catback and was the same

Unless it's a totally retarded RR :rolleyes:

Well, you want to compare it Go down to RStuning see paul in leeds, your car would make about 160-165 on his RR, if any think his under reads slightly. But as seen in other threads RR can be manipulated and altered to give good figures therefore making sure the customer is happy :p

Focus ST
Well, you want to compare it Go down to RStuning see paul in leeds, your car would make about 160-165 on his RR, if any think his under reads slightly. But as seen in other threads RR can be manipulated and altered to give good figures therefore making sure the customer is happy :p

I'm comparing mine to the 182 trophy and 182 that we're both modified that ran before me and for 185/186bhp

B/G 182 + PH1 Track
I'm comparing mine to the 182 trophy and 182 that we're both modified that ran before me and for 185/186bhp

Which means your car is runnning well but i doubt 183bhp well, but you do have a AAS exhaust which are amazing (ive got one) and my car is not slow as Vern found out :D

182kev

I think mine was about average tbh 180bhp standard,fitted with millltek exhaust and decat with ktr panel filter and made 185.6bhp

Focus ST
Seems about right then Kev?

Bazzon - I haz RStuning remap aswel.... But have no idea if these have a power increase, certainly makes the power smoother though

B/G 182 + PH1 Track
Seems about right then Kev?

Bazzon - I haz RStuning remap aswel.... But have no idea if these have a power increase, certainly makes the power smoother though

Right you have a RStuner right ? or a RSTUNING REMAP, these are 2 completely differnt things.

RStuner is a program that you map the car yourself to a set map.

RStuning is a Tuning company run by paul (Pmurray on here) he has a RR and is a proper mapper.

Dont get the 2 confused :rasp:

Focus ST
Ask DavM lol....

I seriously have no idea... think it's the Rstuner or maybe rstuning

i dunno

Focus ST
F*ck it...

My car is probably running about 160bhp, Was 100% healthy which i was pleased about

Cambelt / ITF / Decat / Matched inlet then i'll get it done again

B/G 182 + PH1 Track
if you have a AAS exhaust speak to them about a Decat they will build you the correct one for your car

172 A Cupwork Orange™
Which means your car is runnning well but i doubt 183bhp well, but you do have a AAS exhaust which are amazing (ive got one) and my car is not slow as Vern found out :D

haha i was not even trying that day and if i remember rightly i waved as i passed you :rasp:

B/G 182 + PH1 Track
haha i was not even trying that day and if i remember rightly i waved as i passed you :rasp:

Yeh yeh:eek: Cup Vs FF with spare wheel and a brimmed tank;) I heard you like this RR though Vern heard you some how where the only person ever to make a lower than predicted on it :D

172 A Cupwork Orange™
Yeh yeh:eek: Cup Vs FF with spare wheel and a brimmed tank;) I heard you like this RR though Vern heard you some how where the only person ever to make a lower than predicted on it :D

i got 184.5bhp on that RR and as i said many a time i was in fifth gear not racing and still went past you :approve:

alien green rs133

obviously as i gained 10 bhp from AAS and decat :D

Megane 225 Cup | 106 GTi
Ahhhhh good old motorscope, optimistic as ever

We had 172 cups knockin out 186 bhp with just an exhaust and filter LOL

My Trophy also "made" 184.7 :cool:

RR fail

H&R + Pole Position'd Cup
@Tupps - RSTuner! No need for a custom map on a pretty much standard car IMO

alien green rs133
oi oi now now just cos they dont make a decat for mine :rasp: so i made one

invasion of motorscope
18189064a9562232062o.jpg

and some quality pics of my exhaust :D

you can see the bit i have welded in infront of the lamda

18189064a9562232110o.jpg

so its straight through

18189064a9562232150o.jpg

untill this little fella :D

18189064a9562232197o.jpg

simple diy bhp :D

A

ashy_gtt

Hey at the end of the day a Rolling Road is never going to be 100% accurate we all know that, there are so many variables (as has been pointed out) that can be altered by the RR operator to give almost any result. Also the result given is power at the flywheel which is a calculation based on the predicted losses through the transmission etc etc...

So to sit here and say they are too high or too low is really a waste of time.

What it does give you is a very good comparison between the cars that ran on the day, plus it was great crack and a chance to meet other members :)

The best way to prove your power is to put your car on the 1/4 mile, terminals never lie! Although most people on here would rather sit and nitpick!!

Carry on!

R5GTT, 2L turbo
it was a good day, glad the clio guys enjoyed it asmuch as us R5 lot.

re the figures, I hear that motorscope in the past has had a bit of a reputation for funny numbers. they have a new system that looks to be operated much better than their last. I think a couple of the numbers are a bit questionable but as RR's go it was pretty good.

hopefully we'll do that one again sometime, when I have my gearbox installed :)

alien green rs133
im just chuffed that my car made same power curve on lpg as what it makes on petrol and lpg supplies more torque so meh :D

182kev

Hey at the end of the day a Rolling Road is never going to be 100% accurate we all know that, there are so many variables (as has been pointed out) that can be altered by the RR operator to give almost any result. Also the result given is power at the flywheel which is a calculation based on the predicted losses through the transmission etc etc...

So to sit here and say they are too high or too low is really a waste of time.

What it does give you is a very good comparison between the cars that ran on the day, plus it was great crack and a chance to meet other members :)

The best way to prove your power is to put your car on the 1/4 mile, terminals never lie! Although most people on here would rather sit and nitpick!!

Carry on!

well said mate,and thanks for organising a cracking day :cool: