ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

N0ddie's Fiesta ST

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
They just come alive due to those brakes behind them! Greasy weather Martin no doubt, warm, muggy and damp all at the same time.

Any lowered ones on decent 16s so far?

N0ddie

ClioSport Club Member
  Tesla Model 3
From browny blue after Knockhill to shiny blue:

14425208772_aa6240d356_b.jpg

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Literally the only car i've ever liked those wheels on. What a side shot!

N0ddie

ClioSport Club Member
  Tesla Model 3
After much deliberation, today was the day I had the little Fiesta booked in to be given the Revo stage 2 treatment. Booked her in Sitech racing in Fife since they have a very good history/reputation in the fast Ford world (Albeit primarily Mk2 Focus RSs).

Stage 2 consists of;

• High Flow intake system (I went for Sitech's own)
  • Uprated Intercooler (I have had the Mountune 1 for nearly a year now)
  • Turbo back exhaust (Which I don't have yet fitted)
  • Revo stage 2 engine calibration

Me fudging up my OT submission meant that I couldn't get the exhaust fitted with the rest of the goodies. I'm booking her back in 2 weeks today to have the Scorpion 3" turbo back system fitted (Though Simon at Sitech says this is not a requirement to run stage 2 software safely). I just want a little more noise (Though not too much). Going 3" also leaves scope for future expansion should I decide to go more than stage 2.

Figures vary depending on car/fuel used so can range from 215 -> 240bhp and 261 -> 293lbs/ft.

Not had ideal weather conditions to "test" the car out yet but there is a noticeable increase in "go". The induction kit is noticeably louder also. Si recycled the secondary induction hose that comes with the MP215 package as a secondary air feed to the new kit.

Will be getting dyno'd when I have the exhaust fitted later in the month.

Only thing to picture was the kit:

14888350638_155937f3c1_b.jpg

So much for my statement "The plan is too keep the car pretty much standard"

:lolup:

N0ddie

ClioSport Club Member
  Tesla Model 3
Even modding a car one plans on keeping is "a waste of money" really. Its money one will never get back even if one was to split and sell.

Just gotta enjoy it while I'm still enjoying it.

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra VXR
That above is one of the best pictures I've seen of one, I just wish the front end wasn't so dead straight!

N0ddie

ClioSport Club Member
  Tesla Model 3
I know you like vids for comparisons MarkCup

[video]https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=14RyRXzOU0c[/video]

Last edited:
  Fiesta ST-2 Finsport
Looks like the traction control is limiting wheelspin. Can I ask, did you leave esp in normal mode for these videos? I have to switch to sport otherwise it interferes in 2nd under wot. Also my traction light doesn't flash when it wheelspins? Maybe they did away with it on 2014 models? I really need to get some vids and data logs done.

N0ddie

ClioSport Club Member
  Tesla Model 3
Looks like the traction control is limiting wheelspin. Can I ask, did you leave esp in normal mode for these videos? I have to switch to sport otherwise it interferes in 2nd under wot. Also my traction light doesn't flash when it wheelspins? Maybe they did away with it on 2014 models? I really need to get some vids and data logs done.

ESP was in normal mode ie. on fully

Washed the car this morning and applied my new Revo badge in place on the Mountune one:

14906423458_2627f96bac_b.jpg

It looks squint I'll agree, however its equidistant from the ST badge at both sides so I'll say my ST badge is squint.

N0ddie

ClioSport Club Member
  Tesla Model 3
Will see what I can do this week for new vid.

As for how it's shot. I've got a GoPro sticky pad on the steering wheel cowling.

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
When I mount mine I just use blu-tac glu-dots. No outer case needed, just stick a few on the base of the go pro then stick it in place, holds it firm enough for a track session, then you simply pull it off and roll the glu-dots off.

I had a go pro sticky pad mount on the steering wheel cowl on my 200 and got sick of the sight of it!

N0ddie

ClioSport Club Member
  Tesla Model 3
It's even more annoying that it ain't centred. It's slightly to the right as the GoPro lenses is offset.

N0ddie

ClioSport Club Member
  Tesla Model 3
Our little blue beast finally has some numbers.

207whp & 249.36ft/lbs

15215296045_c91b438323_b.jpg

15215284715_3d94fe1079_b.jpg

This is running:

• Revo Stage 2
  • Mountune Intercooler
  • Sitech Induction Kit
  • 3" Scorpion Cat back (De-cat didn't arrive in time to get fitted so thats happening a week tomorrow)

Pretty chuffed with the results tbh. It equates to 241.something bhp @ the flywheel.

Last edited:

N0ddie

ClioSport Club Member
  Tesla Model 3
It is a little bit quick lol.

I'm pretty surprised how quiet/civilised the exhaust is tbh. I know that fitting the de-cat down-pipe will raise the volume slightly but as it stands the now I'd say its maybe too civilised.

Starlet_gt

ClioSport Club Member
  VW T5.1
It is a little bit quick lol.

I'm pretty surprised how quiet/civilised the exhaust is tbh. I know that fitting the de-cat down-pipe will raise the volume slightly but as it stands the now I'd say its maybe too civilised.

It's probably quicker than my MP260 focus. I think you'll get quite a volume increase with the decat so it won't be too civilized then!

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
An exhaust needs noise Martin! ;) Bet it pulls like a proverbial train!

N0ddie

ClioSport Club Member
  Tesla Model 3
I'd agree that this is probably enough power. Its at this point that bigger turbos are required and the prices of those things are a lot.

Fiesta ST-2 Finsport
Wish Mountune did a bigger, fully warrantied, re-map.

The one they do doesn't seem worth it for £700 IMO.

It depends I suppose on a few things really. Against other maps it's more money for 'less' however you get the twin fees ally airbox. And it's warrantied.

its a good map obviously but think they should of been allowed to relax the torque limiting in the first few gears.

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
It depends I suppose on a few things really. Against other maps it's more money for 'less' however you get the twin fees ally airbox. And it's warrantied.

its a good map obviously but think they should of been allowed to relax the torque limiting in the first few gears.

I think it would benefit from a little less restriction on 1 and 2 too, it would certainly feel it bit more lively...and I'm happy using my right foot to control the urge. Maybe once I'm out of warranty in another 75k miles I'll explore that further LOL

N0ddie

ClioSport Club Member
  Tesla Model 3
The torque limiting in 1st and 2nd on Revo stage 2 isn't all that "relaxed" imo.

I'd suggest 1st is the same as the MP215 1st, 2nd is a little less limited but its still noticeable. 3rd, 4th + are utterly awesome though.

Fiesta ST-2 Finsport
The torque limiting in 1st and 2nd on Revo stage 2 isn't all that "relaxed" imo.

I'd suggest 1st is the same as the MP215 1st, 2nd is a little less limited but its still noticeable. 3rd, 4th + are utterly awesome though.

Thats a good thing though for reliability and driveability. I've driven an otherwise standard focus RS with full power to all gears and it ruined the car. Torque steering all over the shop.

Fiesta ST-2 Finsport
I think it would benefit from a little less restriction on 1 and 2 too, it would certainly feel it bit more lively...and I'm happy using my right foot to control the urge. Maybe once I'm out of warranty in another 75k miles I'll explore that further LOL

I should of maybe worded it better, it's a good map full stop. For some they want more though so slate it.

N0ddie

ClioSport Club Member
  Tesla Model 3
I should of maybe worded it better, it's a good map full stop. For some they want more though so slate it.

Mountune do get a hard time of it from most folk. Yes they don't help themselves by giving release dates then missing them massively.

For a fully warrantied map (+airbox setup) the MP215 is the only way to go, and its a very good way to go. Therefore they can charge a little bit knowing this. Its just business.

N0ddie

ClioSport Club Member
  Tesla Model 3
So had her around the track for the first time yesterday since having the power upped. Was meant to be a full day effort however when the car was serviced on Thursday they highlighted that the front discs were 90% worn. Unfortunately Mountune don't do orders over the phone (Which is utterly gay) and their website doesn't yet list the pads only (Just the brake kit) so it meant I would run the trackway on the nearly finished pads.
The day started off pretty wet but it did try out. Got only 1 meaningful video (No point recording slow wet laps) so here it is:

Set my new personal best lap time of 1:04:20 which is 3 seconds faster than my previous PB in the Clio 200. With actual brakes I reckon theres a 1:03 maybe 1:02 in the car.

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
Epic! Can't beleive you didn't check the brakes yourself before doing a track day though.

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
I wouldn't pay any attention to dealer assessment of discs/pads/tyres. Many years ago I had my 182 serviced by Renault. Pads/discs 50% worn. The same pads and discs that Fred had fitted. The day before.