ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

N80 on T-Mobile?

Bubbles

ClioSport Club Member
  BMW I4 M50
Tmobile were pretty s**t with new handsets, thats why i moved to Voda :D

Citroen DS3 DSport
o2 are getting it next month and I'd imagine Voda will be too. Orange are also quoting May but expect that to be delayed while they butcher the operating system as per usual.

Clio 172mk2
voda are quoting april , o2 may,

voda will def get em first as allways
02 will prolly claim they have em and sell em , but customers allways have to wait for em

Golf GTI 1.8T
this phone has been delayed since late last year so I'm pretty hopefull for it to come out in may. well it f**king better cos my upgrade is due on may 13th :)

Golf GTI 1.8T
damn after reading that site i dunno wether to go for the N80 with 3meg cam and wi-fi or the N91 with 4gb hard drive but only 2meg cam...:S

Andy_con

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 182
M1TCH said:
damn after reading that site i dunno wether to go for the N80 with 3meg cam and wi-fi or the N91 with 4gb hard drive but only 2meg cam...:S

well go for the n91 if you want an ipod in a phone 4g hard drive and 30mb for other stuff no memory card slot - the best phone ever made to date

but if you want a normal phone go for the n80 with 3mp cam and card slot

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
Sorry to dissapoint, but T-Mobile wont be offering the n80

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
Its a shame, tmobile have good deals but thier handsets suck ass.

Citroen DS3 DSport
My preference is now for the N91 after reading several negative reports regarding the N80. My only issue with the N91 is that it's not a very nice looking phone.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
What makes you think the n91 will be better?

Its got an identical OS, the controls are very fiddly and it has a harddrive with moving parts. Sounds ideal.

Citroen DS3 DSport
The N80 camera is reported to be terrible and the SE 2mp cams are far superior. Early reports claim the N91 2mp cam is also of a higher quality. I'd ideally like to demo both before deciding on which one is right for me. If I was to choose the phone on looks alone then the N80 would be the clear winner.

I think the N80 has a slightly newer OS than the N91 and also a high res screen.

Last edited:
  SLK 350
http://www.allaboutsymbian.com/features/item/Nokia_N80_Review.php

Sounds alright to me, very good in fact. The only negative they point out with the camera is the lack of auto-focus, instead replaced by 2 modes - close up & normal. Just reading though that indeed the white balance and general clarity of the shots is down from the N90, it is hoped though that this is still just software under development and that with later firmware releases that Nokia can 'fix' the quality.

The battery life looks scary though, with 40 minutes of voice calling, an hour of .mp3 and 20 minutes of application work, the battery is flat! And thats before you start using WLAN.

http://www.mobile-review.com/review/nokia-n80-en.shtml

Last edited:

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
sneeks said:
I think the N80 has a slightly newer OS than the N91 and also a high res screen.

Both are based on the 9.1 core with the 3.x S60 interface.

The n80's screen is better yes.

o2 has both the N91 and N80 out in May...

Im now torn, one has a 4gb hard drive, the other a 3mp camera.... both have the same os but not much between them.

Not sure which i prefer the looks of either :S

live-03.jpg

live03.jpg

hmmm

Golf GTI 1.8T
I really like the look of both of them, think I might go for the N91 just for the exclusivity of it. I've got a 1gb mp3 player and mum has a canon inxus 40 (4mp) which is brillant, and they havent rated the camera on the N80 as anything special.

Its gonna come down to what feels more comfortable in my hand and in my pocket I think :)

Andy_con

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 182
the n91 is the only phone of its kind in the world.

4g hard drive, 2mp cam and wifi built in - it also looks stunning

what more could you want from a phone

Citroen DS3 DSport
I think I'm going for the N91 as it offers more of what I'd actually use. Nokia have already dispatched the N91 to the UK so hopefully it may be available before the end of April.

Andy_con

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 182
sneeks said:
I think I'm going for the N91 as it offers more of what I'd actually use. Nokia have already dispatched the N91 to the UK so hopefully it may be available before the end of April.

ive been phoning carphonwarehouse every week since feb and they said yesterday hopefully next week or week after for n91

Golf GTI 1.8T
^^ yeah i like the sound of that, could be more handy than mp3 but apparently thirsty on the battery, but then the mp3 is too....

hmm decisions...decisions!! :S

Citroen DS3 DSport
M1TCH said:
^^ yeah i like the sound of that, could be more handy than mp3 but apparently thirsty on the battery, but then the mp3 is too....

hmm decisions...decisions!! :S
The manual for the N91 states that it also has wifi

WLAN 802.11b/g
  • WLAN for hot spot connectivity at your favorite café or meeting place.

Citroen DS3 DSport
BluePete said:
I'm taking whatever ones free first in that case lol

I think I'll be doing the same :D The N91 will probably appear first according to the Nokia press release earlier this week so that will suit me perfectly.

Golf GTI 1.8T
sneeks said:
The manual for the N91 states that it also has wifi

WLAN 802.11b/g
  • WLAN for hot spot connectivity at your favorite café or meeting place.

seriously?? then i missed that.

and if its the case then its damn sold!!!

Citroen DS3 DSport
M1TCH said:
seriously?? then i missed that.

and if its the case then its damn sold!!!
Confirmed in the manual and on the Nokia website spec sheet. Looks like it's gonna be a great phone to own.

"Off the computer and onto your Nokia N91. Just drag and drop your ripped CDs onto the device. With USB 2.0, a Wi-Fi (WLAN) wireless connection and Microsoft Media Player 10, your tunes are at your fingertips. Stream something new or buy on the fly."

Here is a review of both including pictures taken from the cameras on both, Not a lot between them. As you have said it depends on which you can get for Free or cheaper, after looking at them loads i prefer the looks of the N80 i think, however the 4gb HDD inside the N91 is a real selling point, no more memory cards.

Also the review shows that the 3mp camera on the N80 isnt all that, hard to tell the difference between them imo, one has a large resolution. However the review of the N91 says about the thing getting very dirty very quickly, grubby finger marks etc...

N91 Review:
http://www.mobile-review.com/review/nokia-n91-en.shtml

Pictures Taken From Camera:
http://www.mobile-review.com/review/image/nokia/n91/photo/n91-5.jpg

N80 Review:
http://www.mobile-review.com/review/nokia-n80-en.shtml

Picture taken from Camera:
http://www.mobile-review.com/review/image/nokia/n80/photo/foto-06.jpg

They report the N95 aswell, never heard of it... LoL

SLK 350
Jesus christ if thats Russia, it looks like its going back 30 years from the cars pictured!

The photo's look similar indeed, but they say the N80 will get a firmware overhail after release to sort the camera module out.

Citroen DS3 DSport
They do also say that the N91 camera is poor but this has been true of all Nokia phones when compares with SE etc. I'll order the 1st to become available as I liek both. The HDD would be a great addition in a phone.

Im currently awaiting the release of this little baby 2, every1 just keeps telling me "late April m8" "late April" FFS! It will take a while i would have thought before networks catch up, shouldnt be much longer then - early May i would have thought. I just hope O2 do the right thing and offer a N80 package sooner then later!

(now some1's going 2 tell me O2 wont be touching the N80!)