ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

N80 on T-Mobile?

ozzyo99 said:
Jesus christ if thats Russia, it looks like its going back 30 years from the cars pictured!

The photo's look similar indeed, but they say the N80 will get a firmware overhail after release to sort the camera module out.

Proper shocking isnt it.

I like both, like i said the N80 looks nicer however the 4GB HDD is very cool, i would like to see both up close tbh before i decide also depends on what O2 can do for me come upgrade time :rolleyes:

Citroen DS3 DSport
I'm now in the upgrade zone, as soon as they have one of these available I'll be phoning them to see what they can offer me. I'll post the results here.

Andy_con

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 182
i hate to tell you all but these phones wont be free on a new contract or upgrade.

ive spoken to carphone and phones4u and they both said 200quid on a contract for the n91.

a few contacts said about 350-400 for just the phone or payasyou go

Things are never free, i got told that the 6680 will never be free on any contract apart from the £70 per month ones... however down the road on the 3 network they where offering it free.

Also if your a valued customer they will do deals, im not expecting it be free but not stupid money, my upgrade time is middle of july so got a while yet.

Citroen DS3 DSport
Last year when I threatened to leave o2 offered me an excellent contract and £150 credit towards any handset that was not free so I basically had the choice of everything.

Andy_con

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 182
yes on some phones you will get a free upgrade but you wont get a free upgrade on the n91 - trust me LOL

Andy_con

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 182
eventually it will be free but probably not for the first 6months - its not the sort of phone they will be giving away

SLK 350
Depends on what tariff you choose, how much you've spent with them and ultimately how hard of a bargain you drive.

If you threaten to leave, and don't take the first offers they throw at you then im pretty sure your looking at a good deal on a handset.

Mr2 Roadster
Every year, bar one, T-Mobile let me have my pic of their phones, they have offered me an 8800 but I have turned it down for to see what comes out in the next few months.

THe one my mate has seems to use similar software to the 6230 i had, which was good but no where near as good as newer phones

CTR EK9 turbo
Yeah, I think I will be going for the N91. Looking at those photos the quality actually looks better in the N91's image. I've been quite impressed by my 1 mp 7610 cam, so a 2 mp isn't going to be bad. And 4 gb hard disk and WiFi is excellent! What more would you want?

Citroen DS3 DSport
This may well help the networks charge more for the N91 :(

Nokia Named Top Mobile Manufacturer for the second year running

London, UK - Nokia, the world's leading mobile handset manufacturer,
swept the board at this year's Mobile News Awards held in London,
winning the awards for Manufacturer of the Year, Most Innovative
Product and Most Technologically Advanced Product.

The judging panel of industry experts awarded Nokia the coveted title
of Manufacturer of the Year as a result of its bold moves in 2005.
These included its launch of the Nokia Nseries sub-brand, its
entrance into new territories through its music and youth platforms,
the re-claiming of its design leadership and the creation of a new
field sales force.

Nokia also picked up the Most Innovative Product award for the Nokia
N91. This device has been recognised as a true mobile music
experience and is the flagship music device from the groundbreaking
high performance multimedia Nokia Nseries range. The Nokia N91 is
the first 3G device to include an integrated 4-gigabyte hard disk
providing consumers with the largest storage capacity on a handset
with up to 3,000 songs and 12.5 hours worth of unparalleled sound
quality.

Nokia was also presented with the Most Technologically Advanced
Product award for the Nokia N92. The Nokia N92 is the world's first
integrated DVB-H mobile device and represents a significant leap
forward for both the mobile and television industries. With DVB-H
television services set to launch globally in 2006, the Nokia N92
provides an indication of how people will be consuming live
television on the move in the future.

Commenting on the win Mats Wolontis, Managing Director of Nokia UK,
said: "Everyone at Nokia worked very hard in 2005 to cement our
position as the number one manufacturer and to produce cutting edge
devices such as the Nokia N91 and Nokia N92. It's great to receive
recognition for this hard work - especially when it originates from
our colleagues in the mobile industry."

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
N91 will not be released on tmobile.

Sorry.

Nokia create phones like the N91 and N92 (which will never appear on a network in the uk as its next to useless, DVB-H has no licencing and the transmitters havent even been built that can work effectively) to win awards.

The N80 is a consumer product, as its tech has real world applications.

As i said before putting a harddrive with moving parts into a phone is a pretty stupid idea, it will break.

SLK 350
Tom, your completely correct, i mean i'm pretty sure Nokia completely overlooked that fact during the 2/3 years devlopment of the phone. Maybe you should email Nokia and tell them before they make a terrible mistake.

Tom, are you ever wrong?

Citroen DS3 DSport
The HDD in my mp3 player has lasted well without any problems and it gets carried around just as much as my phone does. I don't think Nokia will have huge problems with the N91 HDD

Mini Cooper S sport
I have been waiting since last October for the Nokia N80 to come out, so I hope it'll be worth the wait! I'll be going to O2 as well, so I hope it won't cost me an arm and a leg..