ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

N95 8gb help :(

Clio Sport 172
hi all

in a bit of a panic. i started updating my phone at about 6 and its not 6:59 and the update has not moved. the phone went white and then after a while the nokia logo came up, and now it just has a charging bar on the screen.

the update screen still says 15min remaining. its said that all the time?

thanks
simon

Black 172...KN53EL*
Did you get it soerted in the end - was 'cos you were using Vista then?

I take it you're upgrading to v20? I did mine the other night, no probs on XP

Clio Sport 172
yeh it was down to bloody vista. nothing but problem vista is!!

erm no i just went to V15. only got the phone today lol. do you have the link for debranding to get to v20?

Black 172...KN53EL*
Toms made a guide - it's a sticky at the top, pretty much identical to the way I've updated mine. Part of the de-branding means changing the product code within the phone - I think it was one of the euro codes that I used, I'll get the code for you if you want it.

Didn't know there was a problem updating nokias on vista. Did my N80 fine the other week. Is it just n95 specific?

Black 172...KN53EL*
Not alot that I've noticed so far, other than the Auto-scren rotate, which is the only reason I updated anyway!!

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
Isn't v20 for the N95? I understood that the N95 and N95 8gb run different software.

Black 172...KN53EL*
There's now a V20 for the 8GB

The code I used is one of the Euro codes, I'll check the exact one when I've next got my laptop on - can't check from my main PC..