ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Nail in Tyre

LY V6 with Recaros
Will I need a new tyre or will it last for a while? I'm worried of getting a flat tyre, and the 182s don't come with a spare wheel!

LY V6 with Recaros
Ok thanks, I'll try the local garage and see then.

How long can I get away with driving it with the nail in, as I'm not sure how long it's been there, Renault told me when I took it in for it's service.

Abarth Grande Punto
if you leave the nail in and dont distub it then it should be okay for abit! Just keep an eye on your tyre pressures.

My turn next!!! lol

JMR

RB 182 Cup
Ok thanks, I'll try the local garage and see then.

How long can I get away with driving it with the nail in, as I'm not sure how long it's been there, Renault told me when I took it in for it's service.

At the end of the day, if you enjoy driving your 182 and give it some beans every now and again, just think of the consequence of said tyre going BANG when you're caning it round a corner?

Not worth it IMO. Get it checked out, might not be as bad as you think. I took mine to Selecta-Tyre recently and the nail was only about 8mm long, they took it out, told me it would be ok, and I asked them if they would puncture test it for me.

They inflated it fully, dunked it in the water bath, checked it out, overinflated it, de-flated it, re-inflated it, checked it again and said it was def OK.

Then put it back on, been ok ever since.................NO CHARGE.............FREE!!!!

Best of luck Deb.

James

LY V6 with Recaros
Thanks James :) I wasn't planning on leaving it at all, it's just I don't know how long it's been on there to begin with, so I was worried whether it would be ok until i get it fixed, which should be very shortly :)

lemonnobby

ClioSport Club Member
as long as its not near the edge of the tread should be fine, i had a nail in mine for the last 6 months.

I had a nail in my tyre and it was in the first line from the outside in the tyre of the pe2 and got it fixed they put a rubber bung in it and then cut it off flush with the tread so should be fine

LY V6 with Recaros
Ok, thanks :) Will still take it somewhere to have a look at it just for piece of mind :)

clio 182 black /gold
Just don,t hit the kerb, the tyre will blow out and cause you problems. Voice of experience

LY V6 with Recaros
Eek, looks like I better get it done asap then, I was going to wait til pay day, oh well!

LY V6 with Recaros
Well I've just been down to the tyre place, and it can't be repaired as it has gone too far in, they have quoted me £95 for a new tyre. Is this about right? I know they're not cheap, but it seems alot! That was with a discount too as it's the place that the garage I work for uses.

They were trying to get me to put on the £50 budget ones, but I was like, erm no, I want the proper ones, especially with winter coming!

They were trying to get me to put on the £50 budget ones, but I was like, erm no, I want the proper ones, especially with winter coming!

DO NOT skimp on tyres! you did right in telling them to sling there hook!! there were 2 cheaps on the back of mine before I just updated... the grip was terrible!!

you stick with what you know!!

LY V6 with Recaros
Lol, don't worry, I'm not going to skimp on them, I made that perfectly clear to them that I wasn't going to even consider the cheap ones! They seemed to think I was mad though, don't know if that's just because I'm a girl, but they put those tyres on the 182 for a reason, and I'm definitly sticking with them!! If anything I would get get better ones, but not right now, can barely afford the one!

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
Well I've just been down to the tyre place, and it can't be repaired as it has gone too far in, they have quoted me £95 for a new tyre.

Too far in ?? As long as its not in the tyre wall it should be repairable . I've had loads of punctures and had em repaired .

Sounds like they are after your cash imo . Take it somewhere else and get a second opinion .A good tyre place will patch it then pressure test it , should be good as new once its done .