ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Need a sub to go with Vibe 10" sub any suggestions

ph1 172 Black
Seen this going cheap on ebay: mosfet megavox 2 channel bridgeable 400 watt amp model no m-2200

Or: http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&item=220343156559
Or: http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&item=170294847837
Or: http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&item=270329538481

Sub is 450w RMS and 1300w max power so think I want a sub thats at least 400w

Please help on a bit of a budget and don't really know much bout these things.

vaux cavalier
So your actually looking for an amplifier to drive your Vibe sub....

I'd be looking for a JBL unit from the GTO range....

GTO 2000
GTO 75.2
GTO 300.1

ph1 172 Black
Are they good. Never was big fan of JBL speakers. Loud but not quality. What's the difference between them three.

Thanks for replying

Struggler

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 track 172
i agree with wallop,
if you want a good amp on a budget,
ebay is NOT the place to look,
not even sure what make the last one is :S

look up JBL GTO 301.1
theyre old range now so the price should be v cheap,
jbl make some nice amps if your working from a budget

beware, theres alot of chineese made crap on ebay that boasts false power outputs!!
e.g. the loudest, Shark and others
be warned lol

ph1 172 Black
JBL ones sound good.

Anyone heard of top one?

mosfet megavox 2 channel bridgeable 400 watt amp model no m-2200

Ph1 172 + Combo van
I wouldnt get a legacy amp. or anything that looks the same but with a different brand name.

Get a JBL as said, I have one and it is excellent quality for the value imo.

ph1 172 Black
Looking at getting a Kenwood KAC-629S. I know it's not got lots of watts (150rms 350peak) but suppose to be good crisp sound and matches my sub box nice (I know bit sad.)

Thought should do trick for a ten inch sub. I'm not looking for massssive bass just want to take strain on rest of speakers and add bit of punch.

What do you think?

Struggler

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 track 172
tbh,

that amp is a speaker amp, and tbh, doesnt look to suitable for what your after,
if the sub says 450wrms, you should aim for an amp a little higher than the sub,
anything else, and your just not going to be happy with the result,
and probably over do it on the gain just to get the thump you after,
drive your amp into clip, and fry your sub.

thats generally what happens,
i wouldnt think about an amp that has 1 third the rms of them sub! lol

ph1 172 Black
Oh ok. I did think it looked a bit weak. Alot of shops seem to be doing JBL GTO2000 cheap so I might go for that.

I know what you mean bout weak amps. Had to laugh at mate he had his gain on minimum and bass on full and moaned it sounded crap. Looked at it and it had this pink noname pink mosfet amp 360w max. All dials were wrong and sounded better after. He's waiting to see what mine sounds like before he gets a better amp.