ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Need advice from a mechanic on this car

Trader Rating - 100%
9   0   0
  172 cup
apart from what he has already done i'd change the lambda, one of the most obvious things to change to be honest

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 100%
14   0   0
I think that's expensive for a broken one.

If Harpham gets his gay yellow Clio his ph1 might be for sale, might be worth pm'ing him

Trader Rating - 100%
8   0   0
  172 cup
Tis expensive just thought if I went there with the knowledge of what was wrong with it might have been able to get it for cheap

Trader Rating - 100%
6   0   0
  Audi A5
thing is with a missfire it could be alot of things. just go have a look if its really local and you want it. then just make him an offer which reflects what it could cost to get it repaired. whats the worst that could happen.

Trader Rating - 100%
8   0   0
  172 cup
thing is with a missfire it could be alot of things. just go have a look if its really local and you want it. then just make him an offer which reflects what it could cost to get it repaired. whats the worst that could happen.

Yeah probably will just didn't want to turn up an say that's broke but it's defo gunna cost loads to fix...

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
Trader Rating - 100%
14   0   0
  Whichever has fuel
Theres a guy selling a proper mint low mileage ph1 on here for £1700.

Why would you consider buying a broken one for the same money??

Trader Rating - 100%
8   0   0
  172 cup
Cus the one that you are on about is sold and again I wouldn't pay that hence the thread I wanted someone with mechanical knowledge to give me some suggestions on why the cars fubarred so I could haggle the price

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
Trader Rating - 100%
14   0   0
  Whichever has fuel
The thing is, its impossible to diagnose the car without seeing it.

Could be a sensor, could be a dropped valve.

Trader Rating - 100%
8   0   0
  172 cup
The thing is, its impossible to diagnose the car without seeing it.

Could be a sensor, could be a dropped valve.

So misfires are caused from a number of things? these are the answers I was looking for like I say I'm not to clued up on causes of problems on cars so any help is appreciated

Cheers

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
Trader Rating - 100%
13   0   0
As he says really.

If the guy in the ad really has replaced everything he's mentioned, then it's worse than usual because it's normally one of those things.

You'll spend more on trying to fix it than you would finding another decent one.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
Trader Rating - 100%
14   0   0
  Whichever has fuel
I once foolishly trusted someone that sold me a car as needing an injector.

It had dropped a valve, needed nearly £1000 worth of work.

Trader Rating - 100%
8   0   0
  172 cup
I once foolishly trusted someone that sold me a car as needing an injector.

It had dropped a valve, needed nearly £1000 worth of work.

f**k it then I'll try find summat els.typical really when you've got a car there's loads about but when your own sells there's none worth havin