ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

NEED HELP ASAP PLZ!!!

hy i need help i have a mk1 phase 1 clio 1.2 its single point injecton and had loads of rouble with it, About 3 weeks ago i was driving along a little country lane and flew through a couple of puddles, It then borked out and then refused to start i thought ohh sh*t got water on ma leads or summing daft since then i have changed the dizzy cap, plugs, leads, coil, and fuel filter and still wont start no water got into the engine as carb is totally dry as a bone i took it off and checked the next day but it starts and then bout 3-5 secs l8rs under revs and cuts out i just wondered if some 1 will be able to help me on theis matter because its frustrating not having a car PLZ HELP mike...

have a look at the front of the car if it says renault thatll be the problem

Its a pain when you just cant see whats wrong isnt it though

Mazda MX5 1.8

try taking the plugs out and turn the key see if any sh*te comes out (this is coming from a complete engine newbie lol)

ok if its the revs cutting out, then might be your auto choke?!?1 i think?!?! im guessng im a bit of a engine newbie, but when i got my RT i had a couple of days when the engine would cut out secounds after starting, or i would get it straight up the road and it would cut out.

soooooo wot did i do?

press the accelerator twice, in theory pumps a bit of fuel, switch on engine, rev to 2000 revs for a good 30 secs, leave running for couple mins, off u set, never had problems when i did that. eventually got my dad to have a look at the auto choke, never had the problem since.

P.s grease monkeys dont quote me on anything above! because i dont pretend to know wot im talking about, im only giving my personal opinion from my previous experience, so if i have said anything stupid, dont rub salt into the wound ;)

yeh i tryed that and it ran a couple of secs longer and then cut out again never thought about the choke like ill have a try 2morrow and i just need the front panel weldin where my m8 tryed to tow me and tied it to the towing eye on the front bumpa and ripped the lil bugga off cheers ill have abash 2mora and see how it goes mike:)......