ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Need help ASAP!

Astra 1.6 SXI
Can someone shed any light on this

The car wont start, its a 182 cup by the way!

Put the key in the ignition, the stop and immobiliser light just stays on and the car just keeps firing but wont actually start!

Renault said i would need new keys cut etc etc but i was told that it could be a wiring fault somewere because it actually wants to start and isnt dead.

anyone help me!

George@RTR_Parts

ClioSport Trader
Does the red immobiliser light stays on constant and when you try and fire the car it makes a clicking noise? I had this and had to get a new key from renault. Tried your spare key or changing key fob battery?

Astra 1.6 SXI
yeah the immobiliser light stays on mate
tried spare key that doesnt work either
how much did new keys cost

Golf GTD Mk7
if it doesn't crank after you put it past ignition it will be ECU related. Key issues would cause the immobiliser light to flash, as would decoder issues. I doubt it would be key related tbh. If you're north west I'll run it on clip for you mate. Mine is having similar issues and now the ECU won't communicate with my CLIP, so either the auto eleccy has blown something, it's wiring related, or ECU is fubard (either hardware or software). Either way, having it diagnosed might help you out.

http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showthread.php?521774-Clio-won-t-start&highlight=