ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Need help valuing this equipment.

2000X 172
If this is posted in the wrong place / against forum rules (I checked and it seemed to be ok) then I apologise and won't question it's deletion.

However.. .. .. .. .. ..

As I have connections to groups like this I've been asked by a greiving mother to sell her son's car audio if possible. It was removed from his own car before he got a company vehicle and has been sat in her loft for about 18 months. It is all clean and legit, but I don't currently know if it works. I've spoken to two people that I know who want to buy the majority of the equipment so I'm not offering it up for sale here.

The questions that I hope someone can answer are these.

1) Is there a simple way for me to test this setup to see if it all works without wiring into my car's loom? I'm not into the whole loud music / upgraded stereo thing and the original Renault system suits my needs.

2) Could someone give me an approximate price that I should expect to sell it for? A ballpark figure that would mean that she isn't getting ripped off would be really helpful.

I've taken some pictures of all of the equipment and uploaded them to a flickr account, the link to which is

http://www.flickr.com/photos/captainff/sets/72157607752273262/

I think that I've got enough information there to be able to see what everything is. As I said at the start this isn't for me but for a woman who has just lost her son and I'm trying to do the right thing in helping her.

Thanks for reading, and hopefully thanks for your help.

vaux cavalier
Hi mate,

Basically its worth as much as someone is willing to pay....
Due to JBL bargain deals, prices of used amps have plummeted, but if you hold for the right buyer you may make a few quid....
As a rough guide though....

Rally amp----£20 to £25
Kenwood amp----£40 ish
Kicker amp----£50 ish but I can't make out the model number
Headunit & Changer----Very interesting, looks like the SONY CDX-M730, (the only Sony mask with a click off face), if so these regularly fetch good money, in good condition----£130 to £150 for the matched pair....
FLI Subs & Enclosure----£60 ish
Powercap----£15 ish

Just to clarify that if the headunit is indeed a CDX-M730 then you should power it up & check it all works to ensure the power ribbon is still in good condition, if its faulty, (graphic display doesn't fully work or certain buttons don't work properly), then a repair will cost around £60 but these are well worth the repair cost.....These units sound 10X better than the later Sony crap....

2000X 172
The head unit is the Sony MDX-M690 and the changer is CDX-T67.

I think (from google) that it is a mini-disk head unit? The front panel is there, along with a remote control although I may not have included them in a photo :eek:

Thanks for the advice and breakdown, especially to you wallop, I'll have to work out how to double check it works (TBH I think it does or it wouldn't have been kept but you never know for sure).

vaux cavalier
With the headunit being the Mini disc version value will suffer, I would look for no less than £100 for the matched pair.....(forgot about the mini disk version tbh lol).....Sound quality is still much better than the later Sony stuff though....

Good luck with the sale....

2000X 172
Thanks again wallop. Your help is greatly appreciated.

I had a look at the original photos again and the kicker amp is the Impulse IX 404, but if approx £50 is your gut feeling then that's fine.

From what you've suggested you think I could get £300 for the lot and that would be ballpark for the equipment that he had. At least now I've got a rough idea of what it's all worth.

Thanks.