ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

need pic -60mm drop clio

clio 1.2 16v,??
well would like to see a clio with a drop of 60mm on 17's if poss just tryiung to decide if it would sit ok or if i should go for coilovers??

thanks

clio 1.2 16v,??
had a quick flick through the gallery and didnt see any desc with 60mm lowerd, so was unsure weather they were on coilovers etc, got a speed bump i need to get over tho on way to work so i dont wanna go to mad anyways.

E60 diesel powah
DSC07721.jpg

mine on 60mm on 17s

clio 1.2 16v,??
thanks alot, yea not gunna bother with coilovers, extra money cos i wont use em, 17 fit ok on the springs? cos they have that big lip thing on the front ones.
nice cars btw, still get over speed humps or not tried?

cheers for the pics

As father and son....
16's on 60mm. Not settled in that picture, its about another 8mm or so farther down now. No problems with speed bumps, prepare for a bit of a ........ soft ride :)

DSC05632.jpg

clio 1.2 16v,??
had a look on motorsport world, mines the 1.2 dynamique 16v beast., cant find any cheaper than 300, seen some on ebay 60mm drop 250+9 postage from trader

As father and son....
i really was in two minds about dropping it. Never regretted it, i managed to get Has's old springs at a very good price and Fred did the fitting. Certainly if your changing your wheels youll want it lowered. Preferably at the same time to avoid a 4x4

***Edit: You don't need to replace the shocks only the springs on the non RS models. 60mm on a 1.216v is fine on just springs

clio 1.2 16v,??
just wanna make sure i can drop 60 and still get over a sqaure red hump with no catching :p

23131_p312651.jpg

thats mine atm

As father and son....
i cant say mine bothers me on motorway or the windiest of lanes. All depends on where you live if im honest. Im in a decent part of the W.Mids where the roads are in pretty decent condition; if you're in pothole central your gonna feel it a wee bit more than me i suspect

Mazda MX5 1.8
yuhuang said:
even the nasty red square ones?

ive nearly ripped my exhaust off going over a hump before - because it was a short sharp high one and the exhaust caught on it........ was expecting a exhaust in the road looking in my rear view mirror!

normal speed bumps are fine

mine is far from low though - on fk coilovers so dont know how low exactly (on std 15s)

P1010030.gif

clio 1.2 16v,??
i think if you go for shocks too they are shorter so sits a little lower, and yours is on 15's so will sit alot lower than one on 17's surley, well i hope i will be ok fitting a 60mm drop just with springs and hopefully should get over, if not then i will have to take em off lol

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4
ride is pretty harsh with just springs. I'll dig out some pics of my old car 60mm on 17s tonight.