ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

need spacers??

Fiesta Silver Limited Ed.
i have a 2002 plate 1.2 clio i want to fit 172 alloys will i need any form of spacers???

will i need spacers for basic 15" alloys??

Chocolate Bar™
no spacers for basic 15'' alloys. spacers are recommended for the 16'' 172 alloys to improve the offset.

Chocolate Bar™
5mm on the back to aid clearance. 5mm-10mm front.

can go for cheap and cheerful universal ones at about a tenner for 4 in 5mm. or go for hubcentric ones which fit over the hub of the wheel - but for something like 5mm its a bit overkill at £40 for 4.

which reminds me ive got 2 5mm spacers in the garage which are no longer required if anybody is tempted lol

Fiesta Silver Limited Ed.
ok so...seeing though i am completely lacking any knowledge on this what so ever is replacing the wheels and fitting the spacers a job i could undertake myself??

I have the choice of either the 15s or 16s and sugestions?

Clio SI
16's look nicer i have a mk2 ph1 with mk2 ph2 172 wheels on v nice

and why do you need spacers on the front mate??

Clio SI
quick q whats the difference in the more expensive then theexpensive ones couse ive only got about a 10 mm clearence on the back left will the 5mm ones fix this ( it couases a tapping noise when going round corners)

DUB mk2 golf gti!
depends on the state or your arch liners on the front! mine arnt spaced on the front and they sumtimes rub when on full lock turning to the left! i took the wheel of and u can see a rub mark where the wheels keeps scraping the arch liner! ive yet to do anything about it yet lol:cool:

Clio SI
mine seems to be fine on the front had a good look there it is on the back left that is the main problem ive only got about 10 mm clearence on the back at min so i here a tapping when going round tight corners . so what do u sudgest a 5 mm spacer on the back with longer bolts????

thanks
dan

FIAT PANDA 100HP!!!!
im runnin 172 wheels on my phase 2, and i've got 8mm front and back and still get slight rubbin when on extreme corners or islands. spacin the fronts makes it look nicer i think.