ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Needing a pro electrics guru here( UCH, ECU?)

Blackdavid

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172,Golf VR6
Hello! I've already posted a couple of threads for this, and also used the search function extensively, but it seems I can't get a solution to this, and I'm slowly going mad.

-Temperature gauge is ALWAYS(ish) at 0, since i've bought the car a year and a half ago. Tried 4 sensors both new and used but knows woeking. Diagnostics says its always at -40, yet the fan is working for 2 mins after i turn the car off.

-Windshield sprayer doesn't work, same as the wipers. But when i push the atalk to spray the windshield, the wipers think i've sprayed it and they do the three motions up and down, same as they would if i sprayed the windshield, however they did work when i bought it.

-Sometimes when i turn the key to start it, the passenger window starts to go down, until it starts and then the window stops. Also does it sometimes when i tuen the car off, however if i open the driver door before i turn then car off it doesn't do it.
If i don't open the door before i shut it off, and open it while its going down, it stops as soon as i open the door.

-I've never seen the red immo light working, not even turning on, or anything. Always off.
But quite often, it doesnt crank of the first key turn, sometimes on the second if i hold it lond enough, mostly on the third time i turn the key fast. If it doesn't on the third try, then it shows the usual simptoms of a code not recognized, after that i hold the button on the key while turning etc.(usual code resetting tip) and after a while it starts. It usually only does this when its sitting for a long time( 8-10-12 hours)

- Doesnt starts first try when its sitting overnight, especially when its cold. So i crank it on the first or second key turn, and then off, and just then, i hear the pump priming, then it starts and driver the whole day.

Sorry for the long thread, but basically the biggest problem here is the temp gauge, since the little 172 does maybe 14-15 mpg, all that after changing the o2 sensor, all four injectors, plugs,leads and coil

Tried another ecu, a dude swapped the code over from my old one, the gauge worked for a short time (couple days) and then went to the same problems.
Tried another uch, altrough a normal n2( i have the HG, i think they're not the same?)
But same thing.
Gave the ecu to another guy who said it can fix it but i suppose he bricked it since the car throws a bunch of lights as soon as i connect it.

Sorry again foe the long thread, but i'm really looking for some expert here which i'm happy to pay for tips.
A bit ashamed that i'm a mechanic lol

Poopensharten

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
Have you checked the earth straps i had some dial issues on a Phase 1 years ago. The earth strap on the passenger side front wheel arch was the culprit

Blackdavid

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172,Golf VR6
Checked every possible earthing point when i got the gearbox out for the famous circlip, also added an additional beefy one from chassis to engine just to avoid future issues.

Robbie Corbett

ClioSport Club Member
I've probably asked this before, but have you had the big white connector apart and cleaned all the pins? The one under the fuse box.

If you've changed the ecu, and changed the sensor and you have a bunch of other random electrical gremlins perhaps its time to have the loom out for a good inspection.

Brigsy

ClioSport Club Member
  T.Turbo
What model is it ph2 172?

For the temp gauge id check the wire for continuety back to the ecu and go from there.

Sounds like its got some wiring gremlins going on Immob light on ph2 is one wire from clocks to uch..id be looking around the uch plugs.

Blackdavid

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172,Golf VR6
I've checked the big plug, seems fine.

Had another UCH in as i wrote earlier, however not much worked since it was an n2 not a hg?

Could this ALL be uch related?