ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

neons and the LAW!

I am thinkin of getin some undercar neons for xmas. only thing is m.o.t in feb

will i fail an m.o.t straight away with em on?

and what about pc plod? can they really give me a producer if im stationary?

my mates been done 4 that but then the saxo crew drive with em on and dont get tugged!

oh and if i had purple ones would that be less likly to get me in sh*t then blue ones? cos my mate got a lecture about impersonating a pig with a blue night rider!

cheers jimmy son

Clio 182 w/ cup packs

They wont fail an MOT providing there is an on/off switch.

They are only allowed off road, so if your driving with them on dont moan when you get done.

BMW 320d Sport

Not sure about that one...I didnt know that there was any specific law that deals with car neons in general, apart from perhaps that you might cause a distraction to other road users, the same sort of obscure kind of law that would prevent you from having a car done entirely in chrome plate - something youd get pulled for, but the police would have to have a bit of a think before they could actually work out which law youd broken!

The only definite is that you cannot have any blue light showing unless youre an emergency service on a call. So blue lights of any kind are out.

Have you thought about going down the police station and asking them?

172 cup,s2 rs turbo

passable on an mot if you can turn them off.illegal to have them turned on when driving on public roads though.

Focus 2.0 Ghia

As confirmed by a sargeant at Birmingham police HQ. Its is not ilegal to have neons. A lot of officers will still try and tell you this but it is not true.

Bubbles

ClioSport Club Member
  BMW I4 M50

I thought they were illegal to have on while driving.. but fine to be on while the car is stationary..

Focus 2.0 Ghia

To my knowledge it is ok to have them whilst driving as long as the tube itself is not visible.

E36 323i coupe

As long as the tube is not visible they are legal contrary to popular opinion. The problem is traffic cops will find anything to do a modded or performance car for, and although they cant issue an fpn of any nature, they can inconvenience you by giving you a HORT(1) which is a pain in the derriere.

useage on the public highways is illegal

no matter what colour, if in a private car park, they can be used, but, if its in a public car park, they are deemed illegal (this includes southend beachfront)