ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Netbook

Nissan Jewk
Given the choice of these 4, what would you go for and why:

1) MSI Wind U130 (10")
2) Acer Aspire AO751 Mini (11.6")
3) Samsung N130 (10.1")
4) Acer Aspire D250 (10.1")

All going for the exact same price except the D250 which is a tenner more. I'll only be using the netbook to browse the net at work and the odd document.

I know it only costs a tenner or so to up the RAM from 1Gig to 2Gig on the MSI wind, but don't know much, if anything about the other 3?

Thanks!

57 Clio Campus Sport
Don't know much about netbooks but had two Acer 751's that I sold for £440, got a N130 for sale for £200 if you decide you want to go with that one...I believe it's better spec'd than the Acer's but only 10.1"

Last edited:
When I was in pcworld looking for a netbook they had about 15 - 20 on display yet they were all as close to dammit exactly the same spec.

The salesman basically said choose one that you like the look of! So I did! Only differing thing was battery life which went from 3 to 10 hours, more to do with higher cell battery counts.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Given the choice of these 4, what would you go for and why:

1) MSI Wind U130 (10")
2) Acer Aspire AO751 Mini (11.6")
3) Samsung N130 (10.1")
4) Acer Aspire D250 (10.1")

All going for the exact same price except the D250 which is a tenner more. I'll only be using the netbook to browse the net at work and the odd document.

I know it only costs a tenner or so to up the RAM from 1Gig to 2Gig on the MSI wind, but don't know much, if anything about the other 3?

Thanks!

Definitely pay the extra to goto 2GB - you can never (realistically) have too much memory.

I'm not really up to scratch with the netbooks, but MSI has been around for donkey's years - manufacturing motherboards and rebadging a fair few graphics cards. They should know their s**t by now, anyway. ;)

D.