ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New 182 Owner!

Hi all,

Thought I'd do a quick introduction...

Currently have a supercharged mk2 MX5 that I use for track and road use but I didn't want to ruin the MX5 with more harsh suspension, engine mountings or anything else. I feel it's about finished!

However, I can't really ruin a Clio when they come from the factory ruined ;)

I've always liked the look of the 182 and always wanted one. This one came up relatively local to me and with already having an M Factory LSD and some other supporting mods that I'd be doing myself, I couldn't resist snapping it up!

It's been really well looked after with a ton of receipts. Been with the previous owner for the last 7 years too.

Plans are for full cage, seat and harnesses, door cards and PMS shifter turned up today too.

Want to have a nice track spec but not "rough" inside. Will keep carpets and most of the dash for now.

Driven it a few times already and really impressed me... until the electrical fault light came on down the motorway earlier and it went into limp mode! :rolleyes: Turned it off and back on and it was fine rest of the way.

EML came on after so I'll plug it in later and hopefully it's just a sensor or coil.

Will start a full project/build thread to keep track and document what I can.

AB41B7B9-EF65-411E-A07D-BEA177D65205.jpeg

Here it is just before I left with it loaded!

Obviously purchased membership too...
I grew up with these older style forums and they're a wealth of information and (usually) a great community compared to the horrible Facebook groups nowadays :D

Clio_fool

ClioSport Club Member
Welcome along. Sounds like an interesting spec on the car already and should make a good track slag. You'll like it here too, its the best forum going.

Thanks for the welcomes!

Welcome along. Sounds like an interesting spec on the car already and should make a good track slag. You'll like it here too, its the best forum going.

Yeah, it's a pretty decent "fast road" spec and as a FWD car... it's impressed me round the corners for sure!

I've also got a roll centre correction kit that was thrown in with the car. It was fitted but then removed as I believe one of the spherical bearings is knackered. Need to take a proper look and get a replacement.

Just finished fitting the PMS shifter kit. Was pretty straight forward to fit and setup. Although, I've not driven it yet as the little one is in bed so I just sat it in shifting gears like I used to as a kid :D Will test it fully on the school run in the morning but the position is already 10x better and feels a bit more engaging for sure.