ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New account for psn

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
my nephew has a new ps3 and want it to go online, and their internet is speedtouch, they think it's USB any help on how to set it up?

Astra 1.9Cdti SRi
Speedtouch? Guessing they dont have wireless which they will have to use a lan network cable,

Have the got dial-up or something

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
i asked if they had wireless or USB there not sure, there not into pc's, my nephew wanted to have the ps3 in his room, i said you cant unless you got a cable from the ps3 to the router, guessing it's not a wireless one

what you mean dial up?

there not sure on the model of the router, and i asked for the WMA key code, you do need that dont you?

Octy VRS
Not sure on your set up. Is it a Speedtouch broadband modem? If it's wired then it will have a data cable that can be connected to the PC and then to the PS3. It sounds like it could be the 330 so the PC will need to be on to play online on the PS3. I'd get them to get a wireless modem instead.

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
if it is the 330, so the pc needs to be on?

and what about setting up your PSN id, i forgot how mine was done

KDF

Audi TT Stronic
Buy an ADSL wireless router, will be easier in the long run and will add additional ports and wireless connectivity.

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
just had a look and it's a thompson ST585v6 wireless router.

the ps3 couldnt find the router or what numbers i found on the router itself when i did the search, it did find other peoples routers though

any help?

E46 325ci, ZX10r E9f
just had a look and it's a thompson ST585v6 wireless router.

the ps3 couldnt find the router or what numbers i found on the router itself when i did the search, it did find other peoples routers though

any help?

thats the same router as me and my boys go online ( wireless ) with their ps3 in the bedroom

i emailed my internet provider for instructions to set it up, you need to go to the "speedtouch toolbox" to set it up

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
thats the same router as me and my boys go online ( wireless ) with their ps3 in the bedroom

i emailed my internet provider for instructions to set it up, you need to go to the "speedtouch toolbox" to set it up

aye, i'll get my sister to do that.

where is speedtouch toolbox locatred? is that on the isp main webpage?