ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

EA account ban - arrrggghhh

Philip.

ClioSport Club Member
  VRS 245
Long story short...

My EA account was hacked. The email and DOB changed and then banned.
Only found this out in October when I went to play FIFA and was greeted by a lovely violation of terms service.

I have tried and tried to get in touch with EA but I'm guessing any emails are going to the hacker.
I can't even unlink my account and create a new one as this isn't an option when you're banned.

Does anyone have any experience with this?

EA customer service is absolutely f**king atrocious taking me round in circles. Can't speak to anyone etc.

I am almost at the point of selling my Series X and getting a PS5 to get around it tbh (there's games I want to play on the PS5 as well as the usual EA s**t)

Jonnio

ClioSport Club Member
  Punto HGT Abarth
My brothers PC account got hacked and someone cheated in BF2042 causing a ban. Same thing where it didn't seem to be going anywhere (despite them originally saying on the phone it was obvious that the account had been hacked). He basically just gave up then tried logging in a couple of months later and it was unlocked.

Philip.

ClioSport Club Member
  VRS 245
My brothers PC account got hacked and someone cheated in BF2042 causing a ban. Same thing where it didn't seem to be going anywhere (despite them originally saying on the phone it was obvious that the account had been hacked). He basically just gave up then tried logging in a couple of months later and it was unlocked.
I’m praying it’s as simple as this. Been nearly 3 months now 😴

Philip.

ClioSport Club Member
  VRS 245
How are people actually getting their accounts hacked in the first place?

Is it just weak / reused passwords or is there some high-tech shenanigans going on?
I have no fecking idea. Only thing I can think is it’s my ancient Hotmail account used for EA is the culprit.

Clio 182
My EA account was hacked too. Think customer service helped me eventually.

Only thing I play is battlefield bad company 2 occasionally.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
I think EA's account management is a pinnacle of greatness - compared to the one that Blizzard uses.

Literally cannot install any Blizzard game (even demos) as the authenticator app is tied to my old phone that I traded in, in October.

• Need an authenticator app installing on your new phone? We'll ask you to access your existing authenticator app first that I no longer have.
  • Need to access your account via the web? We'll ask you to access your existing authenticator app first that I no longer have.
  • Want to raise a support question with Blizzard for help? We'll ask you to access your existing authenticator app first that I no longer have.

Absolute fcuk muppets. It's a game portal FFS - not like its a Govt. website or access to your bank.

Pricks.

G. Brzęczyszczykiewicz

CSF Harvester
ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182
I think EA's account management is a pinnacle of greatness - compared to the one that Blizzard uses.

Literally cannot install any Blizzard game (even demos) as the authenticator app is tied to my old phone that I traded in, in October.

• Need an authenticator app installing on your new phone? We'll ask you to access your existing authenticator app first that I no longer have.
  • Need to access your account via the web? We'll ask you to access your existing authenticator app first that I no longer have.
  • Want to raise a support question with Blizzard for help? We'll ask you to access your existing authenticator app first that I no longer have.

Absolute fcuk muppets. It's a game portal FFS - not like its a Govt. website or access to your bank.

Pricks.
I lost my Discord account because I'd apparently activated 2FA and had no idea what it was or how to use it. Customer service flat out told me they couldn't do anything and I'd have to make a new one 🤣

I don't mind being sent an email or text to confirm it's me, but having to use some third party software that's tied to a device is just retarded imo