ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New Apex Springs Creaking Noise.

clio expression 1.2 16v
just had apex 60mm springs fitted. i already have spax psx dampers on. but its making a creaking noise at the back. is it because the springs are new?

RB 182 Cup
It could be a possibility because the springs are new. You may need to leave them time to settle in a bit and might find the noises go away.

Skoda Fabia vRS
its because they are 60mm springs mate, go look at them, the springs have next to no travel and the coils rub against each other

Maz

LY 200
Ohhhhhhhhhhh nooooooooooo lol ;) just ordered these today ... are they really bad Daze ??

Fred .. the sportlines only lower 20mm don't they ??

Too many fecking springs I'm getting all confused :(

No more clio's for me!
Apex rock! There are truly great springs, i drive on the country roads to work every day, no probs at all!

They are some minor creaking noises, but tbh the renault springs where just the same!

There is a simple fix to this tho...........

Stereo ++++++++++++++ :)

ant

yep.
Maz said:
Ohhhhhhhhhhh nooooooooooo lol ;) just ordered these today ... are they really bad Daze ??

nah, not too bad.

only really notice the creaks going slow over speedbumps or when you raise and lower the car on a jack [which dont really matter!]

No more clio's for me!
Apex, Apex, Apex....all together now ;)

Picture013.jpg

Waitey

ClioSport Club Member
  Alpina D3, AC Cobra
Mine creaked like hell for 2 months then stopped so all is good. Mine do get a very hard time though!

182 Spiced

I have to ASK - MAZ what suspension have you gone for??

I've got a standard 182 and am in the same dilemma - i'm gng for the apex springs and changing nothing until i'm happy and then I may change the dampers etc...