ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New battery. This ok?

Golf GTD Mk7
lol fare enough. Mates ph-quick is the same. If he drives it daily its ok. Leave it a few days and ...............................................

Not sure about the one in the link. I know costco sell bosch batteries and they are usually well priced.

tiTTy & SV650
Mine died on me after the trip computer had been reseting itself for a couple of months lol, died right outside halfords and as I had no tools in the car I got a Halfords Calcium jobby (fitted - eventually...) for £70 the boy was a complete tool, I said let me do it - give me a socket extension and he replied a What?! - doh

In your position I'd goto a motor factors / euro car parts / GSF and pick one up for less as said. ECP have a Bosch for £35 (45AH, 420A)

Last edited:
Halfords are shocking for batteries. you generally find that the longer the guarantee period, the more expensive they are. Bosch don't have the greatest rep. for batteries (that i've heard - no experience though). another possible source is an actual main dealer (doesn't matter which manufacturer, so long as you buy a type 063), as they can be pretty well priced as well

Don

182 & LY Clio 220 ed
Halfords Calcium Battery (HCB63) £67 ish

with trade discount, £42 ish! I've bought 2 in the last 6 months (2 Clios!)