ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New blog - What ya reckon?

I've just moved to a new web host, which includes SQL databases. So I'm learning to use wordpress - a much better alternative to Blogger.

I've had a go at a new blog, which is 80% done and online, but not 'live' yet.

http://www.danfreemanphotography.com/blog/

Any feedback?

I'll start updating it much more, and hopefully do some more 'behind the scenes' stuff.

And it's time to pull my finger out and start shooting some cars again!!!

306 TD Slut
should include some sort of gallery viewer, looking through the shots it gets annoying not being able to flick through large images. Sweet shots though, makes me want to get another Cup!

should include some sort of gallery viewer, looking through the shots it gets annoying not being able to flick through large images. Sweet shots though, makes me want to get another Cup!

Thanks for the feedback. I know what you mean, Im not sure how to do that yet lol!

I don't want it to be a gallery really, as that is for my main webpage. This is kind of all the shots that don't make it to my main gallery.

RS Megane DCi 175
Looks good mate - but importantly, the content looks equally as good as the theme & layout!

Nimbus 197
very nice, really like the clean style and layout. good work!

on a side note: how does your 16-35 compare to the 12-24?

As per your requests, a gallery feature has been added. This will make it easier to flick through the photos :)

Although I've noticed it doesnt work on some pages, not sure why.

Any more features you would like?

very nice, really like the clean style and layout. good work!

on a side note: how does your 16-35 compare to the 12-24?

Well I havent used it as much as I'd like yet. Im planning some more rig shoots soon, so I'll see how it does then.
But initially it is very impressive, and the VR is a bonus, and should be very handy for rig shots too!

My 12-24mm is still for sale though. Will be going on the bay if no interest on here :)

Nimbus 197
Well I havent used it as much as I'd like yet. Im planning some more rig shoots soon, so I'll see how it does then.
But initially it is very impressive, and the VR is a bonus, and should be very handy for rig shots too!

sounds good! I'm just wondering if 16mm is wide enough? Do you ever miss those extra 4mm that your old lens offers?

E87 118d M Sport
Looks spot on Dan! Again, very simple and easy to use. I've been having a play for a good ten mins and all seems to be working fine.

I might have a location for a photo shoot (not necessary for me, but something different for you). I'll PM you some details.

sounds good! I'm just wondering if 16mm is wide enough? Do you ever miss those extra 4mm that your old lens offers?

This lens is wider :)

Dont forget Im using a full frame camera, so it is actually 16mm.

You put that 12-24mm on a D200 etc (DX format) then it becomes 18-36mm.

So, no I dont miss the missing 4mm ;)

Nimbus 197
Oh, I didn't know the 12-24mm was a DX lens.

For Nikon FX I've only really come across the 14-24mm vs. 16-35mm for wide zooms. Did you consider any other options?

A red missile
Bit of a spheeling mistake....

I’m just practising with basic shots are the moment, just simple product photography

Minor nit-picking I know, everything else looks clean and professional, like it a lot.

Looks spot on Dan! Again, very simple and easy to use. I've been having a play for a good ten mins and all seems to be working fine.

I might have a location for a photo shoot (not necessary for me, but something different for you). I'll PM you some details.

Sounds interesting....tell me more! ;)

I might be up for having a mess around one evening next week, you up for that? Mainly just to shake all the cobwebs off all my gear lol! Hasnt been used in a while!
We could try that country lane I mentioned to you before if you like.