ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New Boots RS2

Steve

ClioSport Club Member
  ST3 8.5
xxt.gif

Contis coming off this weekend:D

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
  XC60-R.......V40-R
Re: New Boots

Keep this updated as to how they fair up under all conditions if you can,

Cheers
Andy.

182 Cup
Re: New Boots

Oooooohhh... Nice :D

Wanted to book my trackday today, but remembered I lost my wallet the other weekend - had to send off for a new driving licence first. Fail!

Steve

ClioSport Club Member
  ST3 8.5
Right after a week of frigging around they are finally on my car, back on the speedlines & conti 3's are sitting in garage. Tyre walls are well stiff:eek:

Decided to go down nitrogen fill route as it may reduce rapid tyre temp rises on track.

So at present got 35F 34R, i know it's high but garage put 36 psi in all of them so i had to start from somewhere.

Just been out to bed them in & suprised at noise levels, was thinking they would be like the 888's noisy, but nowhere near as bad.

Ride is well hard, due to high pressures, but that will get sorted.

Turn in is improved even before glaze has been removed from tyres, ala stiff sidewalls.

Will do a review when bedded in over next week or so. Compared to Pradas & contis as thats what i have been swapping round ;)

Steve

ClioSport Club Member
  ST3 8.5
Right, pressures are now 32f 30r.
I took the contis off at 1600m & was wondering if i'd done the right thing.
In the recent wet weather you have to adjust your speed accordingly but they are as good as anything that i've tried, if not better.
Yoko prada spec 2 & conti 3's so far.
In the dry they piss all over your normal road tyres, grip is immense & turn in is very precise.
Awaiting a trackday to see how they cope;)

330Ci (Fail)Sport
Where these deigned for road or track?

£50 each makes them attractive for track tyres if they're very good on track.

Steve

ClioSport Club Member
  ST3 8.5
Track/Road similar to R888's but lots cheaper in 17's.
Not got the 100% outright grip of the 888's but will trade that for better wear rates & wet weather.
Jon R has used these as has Inferno.
I was looking at the tyre tests & other forums & they were highly recommended.

Continental after silverstone,
yy005.gif

Clio 197
I doubt I'll be using my car on track, so would Contis be better for everyday road use? My sister-in-law can get a decent discount off Contis!

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster
I doubt I'll be using my car on track, so would Contis be better for everyday road use? My sister-in-law can get a decent discount off Contis!
+1 are they just as good as PE2's for road use or are they only any good if you do a bit of track work?

Steve

ClioSport Club Member
  ST3 8.5

Steve

ClioSport Club Member
  ST3 8.5
^^ if you look at the reviews on the link above you will see some of that info;)
Ask Inferno he uses them for his daily drive 182.

182 Cup
They're not as good as PE2's for road use. Their limiting factor is the tread design and it simply isn't as good at clearing standing water. In every other respect though I've found them to be faultless.

They are wearing at a similar rate to PE2's, they offer sure footed wet grip and they're fantastic in the dry. I wouldn't go mad with the on with heavy amounts of standing water on the road, but in my opinion you shouldn't really be doing that no matter what tyres you have on.

I'll be buying them again when they expire that's for sure.

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster
inferno - what did you pay for yours? My wheels are 205/45/16 but obv could go for some 195's if thats cheaper.

182 Cup
inferno - what did you pay for yours? My wheels are 205/45/16 but obv could go for some 195's if thats cheaper.

£65 a corner from Camskill, it doesn't look like they do a 195/45/16. Also looks like they're out of stock and have been for a while. Might be worth calling Camskill to enquire on their next shipment.

http://camskill.co.uk/products.php?plid=m12b0s690p4061

where can i get these from looking at them for track use only?

Camskill, see above!

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster
DEFFO! My next tyre for 65 quid a corner! May not be as good as pe2's but for £45 less i think they are well worth it reading the reviews. Thanks mate!

182 Cup
They may not quite equal the PE2's as an all rounder, but they're damn close and in the dry they're better. Stiffer sidewalls too.

ripp

ClioSport Club Member
  182 FFAT
BIG dilema for me:

I had an accident :( and the left front side of the car is wrecked.. anyway, as the wheel on that side is damaged (that includes the tyre also) I have to buy another 2 rubbers for the front as the old ones were like 50% gone, the rears are still ok.
so for now I have PE2's on all four corners, the decision to buy some extra 2 ne pe2's was obvious until I discovered that pe2's are now more expensive than these rs2 and even more than federal 595 rs!!
I'm no fan of having mixed rubber on the car but the price of the pe2 has reached some limit now.
so what should I get?

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster
BIG dilema for me:

I had an accident :( and the left front side of the car is wrecked.. anyway, as the wheel on that side is damaged (that includes the tyre also) I have to buy another 2 rubbers for the front as the old ones were like 50% gone, the rears are still ok.
so for now I have PE2's on all four corners, the decision to buy some extra 2 ne pe2's was obvious until I discovered that pe2's are now more expensive than these rs2 and even more than federal 595 rs!!
I'm no fan of having mixed rubber on the car but the price of the pe2 has reached some limit now.
so what should I get?

Get RS2's. However you will be in for a wait as no where has them in stock. Camskill will have stock in 7 weeks as of yesterday.

I was in the same position as you but everywhere is out of decent /cheap tyres. So i opted for proxies as a compromise. Not bad at 60 quid a corner.
RS2's will be my next tyre.

ripp

ClioSport Club Member
  182 FFAT
well I may be lucky and get them quickly, I'm not from the uk and I think I will receive them soon enough.. I can get them at 100 per corner, the exalto's are about 130 quid in my country