ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New Build Spec...Opinions Please...

My current system is: Pentium 4 @ 3.0Ghz, 2.5Gb DDR3200, ATI Radeon 9550, 160Gb SATA HDD...

Ive never needed masses of space on here, as I have a machine in the garage with TB's+ of space, where I store everything....As I use my laptop alot also, so need files on both.

Anyway, using Vegas8/Premiere to do HD video editing/rendering, its literally taking hours on end to render the shortest clips.... for example, a 9 min clip took a tad over 7 hours to render, not even in the highest quality...

Ive had this system for some time now, its done me well, but now im starting to do more video etc, its just not upto it...I dont want to spend £1000's on new hardware, just want something that will render video/perform better...I was thinking of buying...

Intel Pentium Dual Core E5200, 2.50GHz, 2MB Cache, (Retail, 775)
Asus P5Q SE PLUS iP45 Sock 775 Motherboard
Sapphire HD4550 512MB PCI-E 2.0 (x16)
OCZ 2GB PC2-6400 DDR2 Platinum Rev 2.0 (2x1GB)

Any use, or any better recommendations for not much more money?

Megane
How much does that spec come to?

MoBo is good, but I would change the rest to be honest. How much do you want to spend?

that comes to around £250 for components...

Im going to get a new PSU also.... Im looking to spend no more than £400 all in really, components wise. I had a 'Intel Core 2 Quad Q6700 2.6GHz 95W' in mind at first, but I really dont know how far to go with it to be honest....anything that will render video quickly!

Megane
that comes to around £250 for components...

Im going to get a new PSU also.... Im looking to spend no more than £400 all in really, components wise. I had a 'Intel Core 2 Quad Q6700 2.6GHz 95W' in mind at first, but I really dont know how far to go with it to be honest....anything that will render video quickly!

Well CPUs these days aren't an issue, spend the money on the Video Card and Memory and you're onto a winner really. Do you need a hard drive? Case?

Clio1.2 16v & LR Defender
CPUs these days can cope with anything.... Its a shame they only release up to around 4.0GHZ, Intel have made 100sGHz but wont release as the demand isent there and they would lose alot of money if all brought 100GHz CPU and never needed to buy a new one.

New ones only come out when the most demaning programmes need a new one.

nah, got plenty of cases, quite a few sata' drives lying round (although, are sata2 that much different?)

Im thinking of getting a small high speed sata2 drive to use as a render/scratch disk, which will aid in speeding rendering up apparently

Megane
PSU of 650W will running a decent system with ease. In fact a 650W PSU will give out around 700-800W so that they can be covered against law suits.

Depends on the efficiency rating brand etc, I really wouldn't push them over their rating, and you won't need anything over 550w, especially if you buy a high quality one