ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New PC Build.. problems..

KDF

Audi TT Stronic
Okay.. decided to upgrade my system and i'm having trouble. First.. sorry for such a big post but this is driving me nuts !!!

Spec !
Asus COMMANDO P965 Socket 775 Onboard Audio ATX
Innovision Geforce 7300LE 256MB DDR2 PCI-E Graphics Card
OCZ 2GB Kit (2x1GB) DDR2 800MHz/PC2-6400 Memory Gold GX XTC CL5 DUAL CHANNEL
550W ATX Silent Neon PSU - 12cm Fan/PPFC
Intel Core 2 Duo E6750 2.66GHz 1333FSB Socket 775 4MB Cache Retail Boxed Processor

The problem
Whenever I download anything from torrent or newsgroups to my new system the rars are always corrupt and I get CRC errors. Now I know for a fact that the files are not corrupt as when tested from another system they are fine ! and if I reboot the first time i try to extract files it works fine.. if I immediatly try extracting the SAME rar straight afterwords I get crc errors WTF ?

Ive created my own RAR's on my laptop, and transfered them over to the new system via USB pendrive and get CRC errors trying to extract it directly from the USB drive.. if I take it back to my laptop and try extracting them from the USB drive it works fine.

What I've already tried !
Re-installing OS a number of times
Removing the SATA drive and installing OS on a IDE drive.
6 hours of memory checks using memtest86 (no errors found !)
Adjusting memory timings to 5-5-5-12, 4-4-4-12 and 5-5-5-15
Adjusting memory voltage manually to 2.100 volts (manufactors recommended voltage)
Updated the BIOS to latest revision.
Disabling all non essential items in the BIOS.
Checking PSU voltages are within margins of error.
CPU temps are all fine (35-45c)
NB + SB chips are properly cooled.
RAM is deffinatly in Dual Channel mode.

Please Help !! :(

Mondeo ST TDci
sound like IO errors. tried diff cables on hdd etc? everything ok in device man? ni irq conflicts?

your not trying to extract a large file to a fat32 system are ya?

Mondeo ST TDci
or try to disable active armour if u have it: start:programs:NVIDIA Corporation:Network Access Manager:Web-based Interface now go to ActiveArmor and disabled it.

KDF

Audi TT Stronic
As already guessed its not windows its linux, but thats not the issue.. its deffinatly hardware related.. just removed one of the 1GB sticks and the problem seems to have cleared..

Gonna try the other stick in the same slot.. if that works it may be something to do with it going into 'dual channel' mode.

Cheers for the help though guys !

KDF

Audi TT Stronic
You wont be laughing when the bomb drops ;)

Ok, deffinatly a dodgy stick of ram ! gonna have to send them back but 6 hours of mem checks and no errors ? weird !

Revels Mum & Sister
LOL I have lost count of the number of times memtest has told me everything is fine on memory when it isnt and clearing the memory out the board sorts it.

I would say that it could be the Mobo being picky with the memory but generally both sticks would produce the same result. Sometimes just reseating the memory or swapping it round solves the problem. Just sounds like you might have a duff stick or the memory controller is duff on the board. I would be inclined to try the memory in someone elses board dude

Not a Clio
Had a problem a while ago with another machine that would randomly freeze. memtest came back fine but it did turn out to be a memory stick. However, that stick worked find in another machine. Tis all fun and games.

dk

911 GTS Cab
Had a problem a while ago with another machine that would randomly freeze. memtest came back fine but it did turn out to be a memory stick. However, that stick worked find in another machine. Tis all fun and games.
i had the exact same thing, very weird.