ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New Canon toy

Cupra
The Canon 1D X. Canons answer to pretty much anything, just a pity about the price.

18,1 MP fullframe CMOS sensor
12-15 FPD
100-51200 ISO, max H:204800
61-punts AF-system
100.000 pixel RGB AE metering with DIGIC 4
Full HD 1080p Film
Two "DIGIC 5+" processors
Clear View II 8,11 cm (3,2”) 1040k LCD
Ethernet port

Etc etc.

iWant, but will never be able to justify 6K on a camera body!!!

Oil Burner
Yeah but 1ds mk3's were silly money new. Now they are more sensbile. I would also predict it would be much more popular than the 1ds as i presume they expect the 1d4 and 1ds users to buy just this.

Personally i wish it was 1.3x :(

My inadequete focal length would be even more inadequete!

Not that im going to be buying one anytime soon lol!

Reads impressively but this is one for the fan boys, I'll never own one! But does bode well for trickle down tech.

Now for Canon to release a CSC in the micro 4/3 format, then I'd be interested!

Cupra
Not so much fanboys as for bread and butter photographers/ paps I would have thought. I'm very curious to know how it performs though.

Mirrorless APS-C potentially, but I can't see Canon jumping on the 4/3 bandwagon.

2.2 bar shed.
So much f**king want its unbelievable. The ISO52k before expansion, just LOL. Dont even need fast primes anymore? Sounds like a complete winner to me, now give me the sensor in a 5D with 1 Digic Processor, 4FPS and 19 AF points. I'd be happy with that even if it was a resolution drop over the 5DII.

If canon did a sony APS-C sensor in a mirrorless CSC then I wouldn't hesitate!

But that would never happen as Canon make their own sensors?

2.2 bar shed.
No idea mate, Nikon and Pentax use them though.

That they do. Only 3rd party sensor in a canon is the original 1D which was a Kodak sensor iirc? New generation of sensors and Digic 5 should be the perfect way to break into mirrorless? Stick the Old 7D Sensor + Digic 5 in a tiny X100 style body, job done. Sell thousands.

I make it sound so easy...

Not so much fanboys as for bread and butter photographers/ paps I would have thought. I'm very curious to know how it performs though.

Mirrorless APS-C potentially, but I can't see Canon jumping on the 4/3 bandwagon.

True, my head was just imaging how many 1000 page threads are already on the interweb bitching or getting wet about this camera!

I only want Canon going 4/3 so my lens is transferable :cool:

Was this announced at a big show, be interesting to see if anything else is coming out also?

Cupra
Yep, POTN is already full of the rubbish. "what will you sell to fund the 1DX", "which lenses should I get for my 1DX", "who will get the first 1DX".... I'd hate to be a mod there. Too many mongs, although there are also some really talented and helpful posters too.

The number of "what lens for my £2000 camera" and "which lens to take to (insert city/ continent)" posts are unreal. If they can afford the equipment, they should at least know how to get the most out of it.

Anyway, back to Canon... 1DX, amazing & leaves quite a significant gap for the 5DIII to fill, which should make it a great upgrade to the current model.